Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I found a glitch (probably a glitch) where when i have an actuated block 2 blocks below a chest i can deactuate them but i cant actuate them again. I know you cant actuate a block directly below a chest but you should be able to actuate the one thats sitting below the block on wich the chest is on. I attached 2 images . Before, when all blocks are actuated and the second oen after i actuate them the third time. pls fix

Attachments

• Capture 2020-10-10 23_02_07.png
    Capture 2020-10-10 23_02_07.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Capture 2020-10-10 23_02_21.png
    Capture 2020-10-10 23_02_21.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 133
Welcome to the forums dprsd!
Was this world created prior to 1.4? Or were the blocks actuated before you placed the chest? To prevent objects like chests floating (which can cause serious errors), there's a two block buffer beneath the chest where blocks cannot be actuated. If the blocks were actuated before you placed the chest, you can make the solid again, but won't be able to actuate them after.

The blocks were placed and actuated before the chest was placed. I know there is a buffer but it should only affect the block DIRECTLY below the chest. So the buffer should be just the 1 block the chest is sitting on. I just find it weird when i can destroy the 2nd block beneath the chest but i cannot actuate it.
And the version in wich the world was created doesn't matter. PS. Thanks for quick reply and warm welcome :)

Last edited:
The blocks were placed and actuated before the chest was placed. I know there is a buffer but it should only affect the block DIRECTLY below the chest. So the buffer should be just the 1 block the chest is sitting on. I just find it weird when i can destroy the 2nd block beneath the chest but i cannot actuate it.
And the version in wich the world was created doesn't matter. PS. Thanks for quick reply and warm welcome :)
The blocks were placed before the chest - that explains it. :)
There is a two block buffer; this might be new to 1.4. It has something to do with teleporters. It was previously possible to place chest -> teleporter -> regular blocks. Actuating the regular blocks would break the teleporter, causing the chest to be floating. The two block buffer prevents this situation from occurring. I don't quite understand the reasoning behind this, because the teleporter also a buffer so should be able to protect itself. I've queried this myself in the past from another bug report (that report was Hellforge having a two block buffer).
This is not a bug, but if you notice any other oddities, please do report them!

Back
Top Bottom