Mobile AFK farming

These forums become, y’know, dead, so I thought I’d jumpstart it back up again.

To make a standard AFK farm, I’d recommend making it in a pyramid shape with an open middle. Each side should be atleast 10 blocks wide. (Don’t forget to hammer them so it’s easier for monsters to walk up!) The triangles should be atleast 4 blocks apart, with a line connecting the two atleast 3 blocks high from ground level.
(If your having trouble, there are tons of guides that show you how it should look like.)
On top of the line, get a single bucket of lava and put it on the line. Get a water candle and a platform and tunnel to the little area under your line or get a couple Actuators and a switch from the mechanic and place them to make a hallway for you to enter your new AFK home. If you want to go the extra mile, add some Lihzard traps to pack a punch.

If you're making this for an event, (pirate invasion, frost moon, etc) you don’t have to read the rest.

Artificial biomes
(Some of these strategies don’t work for specific biomes)

In order to spawn your monsters, you can either

1. Buy/find the seed for your biomes grass. (This takes a while and has the risk of spreading the biome uncontrollably unless you block off the rest of your world.)

2. Get a piece of your biomes “rock.” (The purple blocks in the corruption, red ones in the crimson, etc.) and place it next to a vein of stone. (Same cons as above.)

3. Purchase the clentaminator from the Steampunker NPC and some of your biomes solution (She doesn’t have every biomes solution and it’s a rather expensive strategy, and she’s unlocked after a mech boss is defeated .)

4. Get a bunch of your biomes rock, and make a giant 5 x 40 block that is suspended in the air. (I haven’t tested this method, so do with caution.)

Once your biome has spread to a reasonable amount of land/you’ve spawned your event, go to your space under the line with the water candle, and wait for the loot to come rolling in!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom