NPCs & Enemies Arch Wyvern mini-boss + Wyvern summoning staff

muovd🌳

Official Terrarian
With the orca being added back in the game, it would only be natural for the arch wyvern to make a comeback too. This time, however, it should behave more like a mini-boss than a reskinned wyvern with more health. Here are my suggestions to make it a mini-boss:
The arch wyvern sprite looks like a dragon, so it could breathe fire when charging at you, somewhat like how spazmatism does it.
The arch wyvern could spin around you in an attack, making fine movement essential in the fight.
The arch wyvern should do a visible chomp when hitting you with its head. This would do 110 damage in normal mode, scaling up with difficulty. It would also give you a bleeding debuff.

The mini-boss would rarely spawn instead of a wyvern, at less than half the spawn rate. There would also be a spawner to be able to summon it manually. This is called the “Scaly egg” crafted with 5 souls of flight and 5 shadow scales/tissue samples at a demon/crimson altar.

The arch wyvern could drop a wyvern summoning staff at a 50% drop chance. It makes a minion that follows the wyvern's behavior, directed at enemies. The minion can pierce through enemies and go through walls, just like the wyvern itself. The minion gets longer the more summon slots you use, just like the stardust dragon staff.
The staffs base damage is 18, with the wyvern minion gaining more damage with additional summon slots used. It also has very weak knockback.

Let me know what you think of this suggestion, and feel free to add to it with your suggestions.

Honestly yea this would be awesome and allow people who didn’t play before 2020 to experience the mobile exclusive content without modded
Also
Would be pretty cool if you could combine its summon with souls of flight to make a wyvern double pet arch wyvern and regular wyvern

I think it'd be better if it could only spawn by using the spawn item. Also I think it needs a few more attacks but otherwise, this sounds pretty cool.
To my knowledge, all bosses in Terraria have a way to naturally spawn, so i thought it would be best that the Arch Wyvern also spawned naturally. It could be rarer though, at about the same chances as the king slime spawning naturally on the outer third of the map.
What kind of attacks would you add to it? I went with a bit of a tame approach because it is a mini boss after all.

To my knowledge, all bosses in Terraria have a way to naturally spawn, so i thought it would be best that the Arch Wyvern also spawned naturally. It could be rarer though, at about the same chances as the king slime spawning naturally on the outer third of the map.
What kind of attacks would you add to it? I went with a bit of a tame approach because it is a mini boss after all.
Maybe spawns in some weaker Wyverns which wouldn't be as strong, so kind of foreshadowing the Lunatic Cultist attack?

Maybe spawns in some weaker Wyverns which wouldn't be as strong, so kind of foreshadowing the Lunatic Cultist attack?
I think that could definitely be a great idea. The phantasm dragon that the lunatic cultist spawns also looks a lot like the arch wyvern sprite, so they could also be connected in that sense. I think it would be great if the clone attack spawned weaker versions of the phantasm dragon.

Would be pretty cool if instead of it attacking the player it spawns sleeping on sky islands (like boss mimics in there biomes) curled up and you choose to engage it or leave the wyvern be.
I LOVE that idea, but i don't think it would be in line with how normal wyverns spawn. It would also be pretty weird to have a segmented boss come from a sleeping boss, i think that would be difficult to look right, as segmented bosses spawn in one ball of segments. Do you know a way for that to look right? I think a solution would be to make it appear from a bunch of flames after you awakened it.

Back
Top Bottom