Weapons & Equip Asterism: a Zenith-tier Bow

4PointDragon

Spazmatism
Bows actually don't get a lot of love in hardmode. sure, there's repeaters, but there's only a few prominent hardmode bows that people would actually use.
This, plus the outcry for some more weapons to align with the zenith in terms of tier and means of obtainment, makes it the perfect candidate to be my first concept for a zenith-tier weapon.

as·ter·ism
noun
a prominent pattern or group of stars, typically having a popular name but smaller than a constellation.

Craft:
Copper Bow (or maybe a Wooden Bow of some kind, since you usually get those first)
Demon OR Tendon Bow
Blood Rain Bow
The Bee's Knees
Molten Fury
Hellwing Bow
Shadowflame Bow
Daedalus Stormbow
Tsunami
Eventide
Aerial Bane
Phantasm
A reasonable amount of Luminite bars (No post-ML bow, this is an unfortunate substitute)

This weapon uses a Charge mechanic, a bit like how the Charged Blaster Cannon works. however, it will only ever fire anything when you let go.

This weapon generates fans of energy instead of having a bow's normal arms. When charging, these fans will flash a color and produce a projection of one of the material bow's arms that match that color. this flashing accelerates the more it charges. at full charge, these energy fans will erupt into large, high-power energy jets (which don't do damage, it's all visual). It also completely lacks a string.
Firing has a 1/2 second cooldown before you can start charging again, so you can't just macro left click.

With an uncharged shot, it will shoot a simple single arrow. stars will form along the path of the arrow, and a line will form between each of these stars. at this low charge, these stars and lines will only last about a second; over which, they will deal semi-rapid damage to anything touching them.

With a medium charged shot, it will have a higher velocity, some pierce, and more stars + lines will be created. unlike in the reference image, these star lines are NOT mutually exclusive; they'll form a web connecting all stars (though perhaps a star wouldn't be attached to EVERY nearby star), and one star can have more than two stars linked into it at one time. these stars will last longer and do more damage. Additionally, a few larger stars will form that deal more damage on contact. it takes about 2 seconds of charging to be able to fire this.

With a maxed out shot, the arrow will ignore gravity and fire with incredible speed and infinite pierce. a shockwave will form around the arrow that does damage to anything that gets hit by it, and a plethora of stars (both large and small) will be generated, with many lines linking them. all stars and lines from a full-power shot will have drastically increased damage, duration and hit rate compared to the half-charged shot. this makes sense, though, since it's a solid 6 second charge time to reach this.
Just like with medium-charge, unlike the demo image, the star lines are not single paths of stars. they can branch out and interconnect.

Stars are represented with circles here, they'd probably actually look like glowing stars in-game. this is just a function-oriented basic concept art.

1685843558221.png

Special arrows do work with this bow, but since it only fires one arrow with a very slow fire rate, that might be a little bit of a waste. i don't know if this would effect the shockwave or the asterisms, but those might wind up being tethered to the bow's own unique arrow. basically, probably use endless quiver.

Last edited:
Seems like a unique Ranged Zenith. I feel like the crafting recipe doesn't fit. I can also try to sprite this.
like i said, there's very little to work with when it comes to bows, all i could do was pick all the boss bows and the natural bow progression in preHM
it sucks, but i didn't have too much of an option
but ty!

nice idea man this makes me inpirsered to do something simmar
also i think the lumanite amout should be increased to like 20

nice idea man this makes me inpirsered to do something simmar
also i think the lumanite amout should be increased to like 20
ty!
Might just set it to say "a reasonable amount of luminite bars" because realistically it's just a stand-in since there's no moon lord bow, but yeah 10 might not be enough

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom