tModLoader Bags of Holding

Hey, was wondering if you could remove coins from the true omni bag. I am running magic storage with your mod and several times my storage system has become overloaded with thousands of stacks of copper coins
While I have a plan to eliminate these kinds of problems, for now the best I can do is make coins stack in the True Omni Bag as if in the Coin Bag. Should reduce the stacks of copper coins stored.

Added that fix as well as a French and Portuguese Translation to the mod. Thanks to Chupsy for providing the French translation.

v1.2.3 Changelog
- Added French and Portuguese translations to the Bag. Credits to Chupsy for the French Translation.
- True Omni Bag now stacks coins as the Coin Bag does.

Hey JPAN is it possible to make the player's inventory have that many slots? This mod is the closest thing to have infinite inventory slots I found. Thanks! :D

This might sound like a strange request, but can you add a bag that's not quite as strong as the true omni bag? I just want all of the stuff the other bags can hold, since without having to worry about the clutter all of those cause, I think it'd be easier to manage my inventory for combat situations. Also the true omni bag lags the game for about a second each time I open it or insert/remove items for it.

Edit: Either that or add an optional setting for the other bags to work in the inventory I suppose, since I don't really want to use 3 accessory slots to replicate the effect I'm hoping for.

Amazing mod, Terraria with all the mods really needed a bigger inventory like this.

I've got one feature suggestion : The True Omni bag can be very cluttered sometimes, a good solution would be having tags, filters and sorting, the same way Magic Storage implements it.
The source of Magic Storage can be found here.
https://github.com/blushiemagic/MagicStorage

I've got one feature suggestion : The True Omni bag can be very cluttered sometimes, a good solution would be having tags, filters and sorting, the same way Magic Storage implements it.

The True Omni Bag is meant to be used as a temporary storage for stackable items, more than a permanent solution. I have no plans to add sorting or tags to any of the bags in the near future, but maybe after the next big update I'll try and add something similar.

Meanwhile, a very requested feature was added right now! Introducing the option to have bags work from the inventory. Do note that the larger the space the game has to run through to find a bag, the slower it will get, so use at your own risk.

v1.3 Changlog
- Added config file that allows the bags to work from Accessory slots, Vanity Accessory Slots, Inventory or Hotbar.
- Run the newest version once to create the Config file, then enable (= true) any combination you would like.
- Priorities run from acessory top-bottom, vanity top-bottom, inventory from last slot (bottom right) to slot 10 (top left below the hotbar) from right to left, then up one item slot, and finally hotbar, from slot 1 to 9 0.

Next up should be Bag Content customization, allowing you (via config files) to select which items belong in each bag, and in what order.

Wow i didn't even think of making it work on the hotbar only, that seems way more balanced that having it work in the inventory, while being more convenient than on an accessory slot. Thanks a lot for this update!.

Only able to find the download link for 1.02 on the main post, yet see changelogs for up to version 1.3. I cannot run 1.02 with .10.0.2 tmloader. Am I missing something? :)

While using the True Omni Bag it occasionally removes all of the items inside it. Unsure why it happens but it definitely shouldn't happen, right?

I just discovered a bug that gives you platinum if you click on the pig with the coin bag with any amount that I've seen it gives you a free platinum coin
I'll send a more detailed message tomorrow morning when I get more time to test it out some more

I've tested it in full it happens with the Piggy Bank, Defender's Forge and the Safe.
Pictures are me putting 1 Copper coin into the Safe and Defender's Forge and 12 into the Piggy Bank
I also did a Different chests all results were the same
20170909131550_1.jpg
20170909131606_1.jpg
20170909131919_1.jpg
20170909131959_1.jpg
20170909135014_1.jpg
As you can see it gives you a extra coin of each denomination and it happens every time I put left click on the any inventory
all the mods that i have enabled are
tmodloader current version
cheat sheet but it has been replicated without
this mod
i really enjoy this mod and hope this helps you to fix this mod

Attachments

• 20170909131519_1.jpg
    20170909131519_1.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 464
  • 20170909131541_1.jpg
    20170909131541_1.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 379
I just discovered a bug that gives you platinum if you click on the pig with the coin bag with any amount that I've seen it gives you a free platinum coin
I'll send a more detailed message tomorrow morning when I get more time to test it out some more

Thanks to you for your thorough bug report (on the next post), I was able to quickly figure out why this was happening, and fix not one but two bugs related to the bags with coins deposit. Uploaded to mod browser with bug fix.

v1.3.1 Changelog
- Fixed bug that causes one coin of each to be added when depositing on any bank inventory.
- Fixed True Omni Bag not stacking coins when depositing them in a bank.

How do open the bags inventory?
All I now how to do to remove the content is while on cursor left click to dump all stuff into my own inventory.
Also do you think Magic Storage could have an effect on this mod?

I noticed that all other bags work as intended, but fishing bag doesn't. When fishing and pressing M1 fish/crates etc come to inventory not into the bag, but do go into the bag if thrown out of inventory and picked up. So I'm wondering is the event while fishing different and that's why it doesn't work.

A month since the last comment, 2 since JPAN commented, hopefully this isn't considered necro-ing.

Not sure if a bug, probably is, but the ore, soil, and gem bags all deleted their contents after exiting the game (entirely). I don't know if a mod incompatibility was the culprit or if for whatever reason none of the contents were saved (maybe version incompatibilities?), but I know I didn't deposit anything from them anywhere (didn't think to, was tired). Quite sure I lost around 3000 sand, 200 dirt, stone, ice, snow, a few crimson blocks, some clay, 60-ish of some gem and a little less of all the others last I checked them (probably ended up losing more than that), but I did deposit the ores semi-regularly so not much of a loss there (but I wouldn't know how much was still lost).
Copy-paste from my enabled.json for mod list, I've seen no errors/logs anywhere.
"VendingMachines",
"Expeditions",
"ExpeditionsContent",
"ExperienceAndClasses",
"kRPG",
"WMITF",
"ItemChecklist",
"BossChecklist",
"RecipeBrowser",
"Tremor",
"SolutionsMod",
"AutoTrash",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"CheatSheet",
"Infinity",
"MoreAccessories",
"EnemyMods",
"TheLuggage",
"ShaderLib",
"ItemCustomizer",
"SecretDyes",
"VanillaDyeFix",
"ArmorHairDye",
"CalamityMod",
"CrystiliumMod",
"ThoriumMod",
"JoostMod",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"HEROsMod"
I know the bags are supposed to be temporary storage, not a universal-all-access-anytime-infinite-unorganized-storage-in-one-square, but deleting everything from them on-exit is a problem (while Terraria is generally stable now even with 5 big mods and a bunch of smaller mods enabled at once, there is still the potential for the game to crash before a player could deposit the contents, or maybe power goes out and game = ded). If this is intended, I don't remember reading that anywhere, which is unfortunate for me, but at least I can just add back what I think I lost and know for the future.

EDIT: I do know about the crafting them together deleting contents, I have been unable to do so as the Goblin Tinkerer refuses to show up and, as such, I can not craft them together while lacking a Tinkerer's Workshop. I have all of the individual bags and have not recrafted any of them.

Not sure if the creator is still around, but you should add a potion bag that lets you use the potion hotkey (B) so that you don't have to carry around a ton of potions in your inventory!

The bags seem to duplicate items in multiplayer, but only if you take everything out at once. Opening the bags and removing items manually works fine. Bug seems to only happen in multiplayer.

Hi, do you think you could update the mod to the current modloader version? I've started using mods just now, and this one seems really good, I really want to use it!

Back
Top Bottom