Items Biome Lockboxes

Wolf653

Terrarian
with the whole opposite infection biomes becoming available without world hopping via the Dryad selling the opposite seeds in a graveyard. you can acquire that opposite biome key but there is a problem
you can't use said key so effectively you have to beat plantera in a corruption/crimson world which is time consuming
So i suggest adding in biome lockboxes that can be obtained from that biome's hardmode crate with a 25% chance of dropping. These lockboxes much like your shadow and golden lockboxes can be opened using their respective key once Plantera has been defeated.
It would also allow for players using pre 1.4 worlds to acquire the Desert Tiger Staff and allow for players to obtain said biome weapons with new modifiers without paying a platinum from a greedy goblin

with the whole opposite infection biomes becoming available without world hopping via the Dryad selling the opposite seeds in a graveyard. you can acquire that opposite biome key but there is a problem
you can't use said key so effectively you have to beat plantera in a corruption/crimson world which is time consuming
So i suggest adding in biome lockboxes that can be obtained from that biome's hardmode crate with a 25% chance of dropping. These lockboxes much like your shadow and golden lockboxes can be opened using their respective key once Plantera has been defeated.
It would also allow for players using pre 1.4 worlds to acquire the Desert Tiger Staff and allow for players to obtain said biome weapons with new modifiers without paying a platinum from a greedy goblin
I support this, it seems pretty nice, but I don’t think it should be from the biome’s crate, I think it should just be from dungeon crates in general because the chests are from the dungeon, so it makes the most sense

I support this, it seems pretty nice, but I don’t think it should be from the biome’s crate, I think it should just be from dungeon crates in general because the chests are from the dungeon, so it makes the most sense
for me it kinda made sense as that biome is the origin of the key and it would also add incentive to fish in those biomes for the lockbox and not just for pre hardmode equipment

Sorry for necroposting...

I created a mod for this on 1.4 tML which has been back-ported to 1.3 tML. I'm in the process of bringing more features like a drop chance slider and mod compatibility.
Mod name is "Lock Boxes Plus," and is only dedicated to adding such biome lockboxes.

I'll make a note to add a config option for this (server-side) as I've seen a lot of people contend with this... likely best to just give the option. :p

P.S.: I'm not great at pixel art; any spriters who would want to contribute to the mod are welcome. There's a linked Discord server in the mod description in the Steam workshop version where you can contact me from.

Edit (2021/12/23): Lock Boxes Plus v2.0.0 implements all of the features requested/discussed in this post. (With options, of course.) Changes were back-ported to the 1.3 tML version (1.3: v3.0.0).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom