Weapons & Equip Blood Orbis, Magnet Sphere 2.0

Wisp

Skeletron Prime
Hello Terraria Online! I've got a special idea for you today, one that will drop from the lunar boss, one so great tha- *shut up wisp!* ok, ill get on with it, but before we start, its time for the "fun stats of the day!"
Magnet Sphere stats

screen-shot-2014-07-31-at-12-27-25-pm-png.126688
(stats taken directly from wiki and are here for mere comparison)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now , I always thought the magnet sphere was a great and fun weapon, so with the lunar update coming out, i saw the perfect opportunity for an upgrade, Behold, The Blood Orbis!!!!
" Blood Orbis Stats" (close)

magnet-sphere-lunar-version-bigger-png.126690
The Blood Orbis
76 -Damage
6 -knockback (strong)
1-Max Stack
10- Mana
2-Velocity
Yellow- Rarity (turquoise if thats what lunar tier items are)
17- Use Time (Very Fast)
"Summons a Deadly Orb" - Tooltip
15 gold- Sell

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack Style

Attack Style: The attack style of the Blood Orbis would be similar to the Magnet Sphere, except there would be a small (or medium sized i dunno) twist.
Changes:
The orb/projectile
magnet-sphere-projectile-lunar-version-png.126694
would be able to damage using physical contact, and would last for 10 sec. rather than 7, it would also disappear when touching a block like magnet sphere. it would do 48 damage.

The orb would fire lasers
orange-laser-bigger-png.126695
that would do around 76 damage, these would be the main source of damage, HOWEVER, unlike the magnet sphere these lasers would spawn a razor blade on each enemy they hit. These razorblades
red-saw-png.126700
would figure-8 around the enemy doing continues damage. These would hit for about 50. The lasers would be fired a bit faster than the magnet spheres.

Drop: This would be dropped from the Lunar Boss.

Thanks to molos elethros for the sprites! all critique and comments are welcome!​

It's not only my favorite color, but the name is great and it's an upgrade to one of my favorite magic weapons in the game.

You have my undying support.

the death star is called that because it's in space... this is not a crimson weapon.
I never did (nor anyone else) say that the weapon came from the Crimson Biome, since it's clearly unrelated.

Let's take a deeper look.

So, we can start off with the fact that the books color is a reddish color. Since the Magnet Sphere is a blue-green color, red would be the opposite coloring. Very good design choice. It makes a very similar weapon feel more unique.

It's stated in the OP that this weapon would drop from the Lunar Boss.
The Lunar Boss would likely have some sort of relation to the moon. The moon has an uncommon phase called the Blood Moon.

There you go. It's overwhelmingly simple.

It's also red and since blood is red the name makes sense in that perspective as well, which I stated before.

It's pretty cool. Magnet Sphere is one of my favorite magic weapons, and I'd love to see an upgrade.

Why Blood Orbis, though? It seems like Blood Orb would work fine.

I really like this. The Magnet Sphere is high on my list of favorite magical weapons. Having an upgrade to it would make me very happy. :p

I already have the Crimson magic weapon, though... and books typically don't look "special" enough for biome weapons, though of course you can't judge a book by its cover :dryadcool:
besides, wouldn't this be a bit op for that point?

Back
Top Bottom