Question Boulder and Dart Trap batteries made to hit the player?

Green_Metaknight

The Destroyer
I once made a "Boulder River" that had a ton of boulders that fell from space, but it was very inefficient. later I saw a Zero Gravitas video on YouTube about Dart Trap batteries.
What if those 2 methods were combined to make a Boulder River Battery? It would be super effective for invasions and such, but it would be even more effective... AGAINST PLAYERS!
I'm too lazy to do it myself, but if you think it would be fun, please try to make a Boulder Battery and post a video of how to make it in this thread.
Another thing I'm wondering is how to make a boulder or dart trap battery timed to hit the player as efficiently as possible.
And to my knowledge, the only other reliable way to make a boulder river is to put enough (I don't know the exact number) boulder statues side by side and trigger them all at the same time.
Said number can be lowered by slowing down the boulders, like making them travel in honey.
-Quasar [Hoik guy]

Last edited:
If you are fine with transmutation, you can do this:

ultimate boulder hoik.gif

Use a cgo (single player) on a boulder twice to have it spawn 2 blocks below its normal location, which will not break the boulder furniture.
Triggering is done by nearby block update, here done by actuating a block once a frame via a dummy engine.
Normal boulders and rolling cacties can't be hoiked horizontally, but bouncy boulders can.

If you are fine with transmutation, you can do this:

View attachment 423564

Use a cgo (single player) on a boulder twice to have it spawn 2 blocks below its normal location, which will not break the boulder furniture.
Triggering is done by nearby block update, here done by actuating a block once a frame via a dummy engine.
Normal boulders and rolling cacties can't be hoiked horizontally, but bouncy boulders can.
That's super cool, but my 4D big brain doesn't understand that. Also, I don't really want to use a glitch that will be patched in the next update, since 1.4.5 is right around the corner.

What will be patched is still up in the air, and while it is possible that this won't work after the update, this almost certainly still will with another setup method.
I do get not wanting to use glitches though.

And to my knowledge, the only other reliable way to make a boulder river is to put enough (I don't know the exact number) boulder statues side by side and trigger them all at the same time.
Said number can be lowered by slowing down the boulders, like making them travel in honey.

52 boulder statues if you use honey. I know you have already seen this, but here is a video of one in action. It hits around 3.4 to 3.5 times a second, the start and stop of the cycles are not perfectly synced up.

Farm with infinite boulder machine

Back
Top Bottom