PS4 Bug issue?

strkeboss

Terrarian
Have been unable to move my NPCs to new homes and use the housing Query. The new controls on ps4 are complex and unintuitive. I would think “classic controls” meant 1.3 button layout but nope! I dislike having to relearn to play a game with new controls. Especially after a few years of playing.

For what ever reason to use the Housing stuff. When you select the house query option or the npc you want to move. You then have to press Y or Triangle And then press RT in the section of house you want them or you want to know what you are missing for the room to be suitable.

Why its like this is beyond me.

all the bindings, just put the ones that youre good with

Attachments

• 20210930_150321.jpg
    20210930_150321.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
  • 20210930_150316.jpg
    20210930_150316.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 120
For what ever reason to use the Housing stuff. When you select the house query option or the npc you want to move. You then have to press Y or Triangle And then press RT in the section of house you want them or you want to know what you are missing for the room to be suitable.

St

Still no luck getting my NPC to move. I have “switch to world” set to Triangle and “housing query” set to R2. I’m standing in the house I want to check then going to the housing menu. Pressing X on Query then triangle and then R2. Still nothing

St

Still no luck getting my NPC to move. I have “switch to world” set to Triangle and “housing query” set to R2. I’m standing in the house I want to check then going to the housing menu. Pressing X on Query then triangle and then R2. Still nothing
Unbind the house query option. See if that fixes it. I don't have that binded to anything.

Still nothing, I suppose I’ll just have to wait for something to fix this problem. Have you been able to buy the pylons?
When you press Triangle after selecting the house query option. Is your character able to move around on screen? Just double checking.

And which pylons are you referring to?

When you press Triangle after selecting the house query option. Is your character able to move around on screen? Just double checking.

And which pylons are you referring to?
Yes I am able to move around after pressing triangle. And the big one ones for teleporting

Weird its not working then. Could be a Playstation issue then. As for the pylons no I haven't tried buying them. Is this in journey mode?
No the pylons are available to buy from NPCs when they are “happy” ie paired into liked biomes and with liked NPCs

Ah well I'm in Journey mode atm and I was able to buy one and place it down. But can only place 1 of them by the looks of it per biome. Merchant for me had the Forest pylon and when I interact with it, It does open the map. But I don't have a second one placed down yet to check how it works works sorry.

Yeah it's sad it took this long for this much suck. If they have actually been working on this years then they should definitely rethink profession's.

Yeah it's sad it took this long for this much suck. If they have actually been working on this years then they should definitely rethink profession's.
Thats a bit harsh tbh. Every update for Terraria on console has had issues on launch. Not much can be done about it but wait a bit longer.

Ah well I'm in Journey mode atm and I was able to buy one and place it down. But can only place 1 of them by the looks of it per biome. Merchant for me had the Forest pylon and when I interact with it, It does open the map. But I don't have a second one placed down yet to check how it works works sorry.
You can only place one biome pylon per biome. Eventually you can also get a universal pylon you can place down anywhere, but again, only one at a time.

Once you have a second pylon placed, when you use it, your map will open, and you can click on the other pylon to teleport there. However, each biome pylon (not the universal one though) needs 2 npcs close by to work.

Back
Top Bottom