Xbox 360 Can't Save character/world

treylw

Terrarian
As the title said I can't save my character/world. but its strange. I'll start from the beginning. I was on IE app on xbox to see how to get a nazar for the ankh charm then exited and opened the game, created a new world. Went off to the dungeon in the new world. paused and accidently saved and noticed it said [could not save]. then exited the world [could not save]. went back to my main world did some stuff [could not save] with save or exiting world. Then I go delete the new world and saves work again. re-installed the game, made sure save files are on the hard drive and the cloud storage was turned off (was thinking just slow bandwith not letting it save correctly). it still won't let me save anything if I make a new world. if the new world is gone everything is dandy.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? Also I'm hoping this is the right place to post, seemed like a bug to me so you know.

As the title said I can't save my character/world. but its strange. I'll start from the beginning. I was on IE app on xbox to see how to get a nazar for the ankh charm then exited and opened the game, created a new world. Went off to the dungeon in the new world. paused and accidently saved and noticed it said [could not save]. then exited the world [could not save]. went back to my main world did some stuff [could not save] with save or exiting world. Then I go delete the new world and saves work again. re-installed the game, made sure save files are on the hard drive and the cloud storage was turned off (was thinking just slow bandwith not letting it save correctly). it still won't let me save anything if I make a new world. if the new world is gone everything is dandy.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? Also I'm hoping this is the right place to post, seemed like a bug to me so you know.
You're on Xbox 360?
And does this happen every time you make a new world or just that once?

You're on Xbox 360?
And does this happen every time you make a new world or just that once?
never before I created that world specifically to find a dungeon to farm the nazar. after I created it it won't save. and new worlds i've made now do the same and won't let me save on any worlds. but if I delete any new worlds i can go and save in my old worlds. (does this make sense, I nearly confused myself. lol)

and yes i'm on the Xbox 360.

I guess its worth saying I checked my hard drive. its only Terraria. My other games save fine. made halo forge maps, a farcry 3 map, and various small things that saved fine.

never before I created that world specifically to find a dungeon to farm the nazar. after I created it it won't save. and new worlds i've made now do the same and won't let me save on any worlds. but if I delete any new worlds i can go and save in my old worlds. (does this make sense, I nearly confused myself. lol)

and yes i'm on the Xbox 360.

I guess its worth saying I checked my hard drive. its only Terraria. My other games save fine. made halo forge maps, a farcry 3 map, and various small things that saved fine.
I understand completely :p That is very strange indeed. Hmmm how many worlds have you made that work?

I understand completely :p That is very strange indeed. Hmmm how many worlds have you made that work?

I had 4/5 before that glitch/bug started. They all work/save fine. (this started roughly 1 hour ago.) sense that no new worlds have allowed me to save my character/world in it. (it still saves the initial world creation but not any changes I make in it. ex. they are always a fresh created world.) Thankfully I got access to all ores from different worlds before whatever happened... happened :|.

Also, did you set it to say Xbox 360 in the green in forum? =o tried to find a thing to set it, but might be hidden on the 360 browser app (mobile). I ended up just writing it in there. lol

anyway, i'll be piddling with it and checking back here and there. I'll update if anything new happens.

I had 4/5 before that glitch/bug started. They all work/save fine. (this started roughly 1 hour ago.) sense that no new worlds have allowed me to save my character/world in it. (it still saves the initial world creation but not any changes I make in it. ex. they are always a fresh created world.) Thankfully I got access to all ores from different worlds before whatever happened... happened :|.

Also, did you set it to say Xbox 360 in the green in forum? =o tried to find a thing to set it, but might be hidden on the 360 browser app (mobile). I ended up just writing it in there. lol

anyway, i'll be piddling with it and checking back here and there. I'll update if anything new happens.
Have you tried creating worlds in the other save slots?

Yeah, mobile browsing has some funkiness unless you can change the theme to (fixed width). Look at the bottom left of the forums should be a little link that says 'underground' or whatever your current theme is.

Have you tried creating worlds in the other save slots?

Yeah, mobile browsing has some funkiness unless you can change the theme to (fixed width). Look at the bottom left of the forums should be a little link that says 'underground' or whatever your current theme is.

I've only tried it with the next avaliable world slot. you mean skip that 1 and do the next avaliable right? I'll go see real quick. Be right back with info.

Precisely what I mean :)
ok, i'm back. making the new world in other slots still won't let me save games. :\ and even tried making a new character and it can't save either unless the new worlds are deleted first. :\
also I currently have 4 worlds I can use and still save in.

ok, i'm back. making the new world in other slots still won't let me save games. :\ and even tried making a new character and it can't save either unless the new worlds are deleted first. :\
also I currently have 4 worlds I can use and still save in.
Alright you should file a report with 505 at http://www.505games.com/contact
Please be as detailed as possible :)
Sadly I don't think there's anything you can do on your end for this :/

Happy to help :)
Ok 505 helped but didn't help if you know what I mean :L lol. however talking to them got me thinking and I came up with an idea.
I backed up all my saves (character, world, and settings) to the 360's cloud drive (the internet drive). then I deleted just the world save off my xbox harddrive, and it let me make new worlds and save on them like normal.

So what I did was load my saves from the cloud drive, put my stuff in a piggy bank, safe, and filled my inventory then saved. (still making new worlds while it was saved on the cloud drive still would mess up and not save :\...) but I just copied my character save from the cloud back to my 360 HD and loaded that, put my junk in the new world in some chests and rinsed and repeated.

I wanted to post what I did here just incase someone on the 360 had similar issues.

On a side note I do think its possible my world data was corrupted sense I had previously moved it from the cloud drive and its the largest and (seems to be) the most complex save file and I got some slow internet. but it didn't show any problems for maybe a week sense moving it back so I don't know :|.

Also for anyone with similar problems I'm fairly certain you could do the same fix I did using a usb drive (just faster than I did). I was planning on deleting my character file on my hard drive and copying the world save back to it to see if it'd work as a 2nd option. 3rd option was keep character and world and delete the settings save file. 4th option was to just restart from scratch :| which would stink.

Ok 505 helped but didn't help if you know what I mean :L lol. however talking to them got me thinking and I came up with an idea.
I backed up all my saves (character, world, and settings) to the 360's cloud drive (the internet drive). then I deleted just the world save off my xbox harddrive, and it let me make new worlds and save on them like normal.

So what I did was load my saves from the cloud drive, put my stuff in a piggy bank, safe, and filled my inventory then saved. (still making new worlds while it was saved on the cloud drive still would mess up and not save :\...) but I just copied my character save from the cloud back to my 360 HD and loaded that, put my junk in the new world in some chests and rinsed and repeated.

I wanted to post what I did here just incase someone on the 360 had similar issues.

On a side note I do think its possible my world data was corrupted sense I had previously moved it from the cloud drive and its the largest and (seems to be) the most complex save file and I got some slow internet. but it didn't show any problems for maybe a week sense moving it back so I don't know :|.

Also for anyone with similar problems I'm fairly certain you could do the same fix I did using a usb drive (just faster than I did). I was planning on deleting my character file on my hard drive and copying the world save back to it to see if it'd work as a 2nd option. 3rd option was keep character and world and delete the settings save file. 4th option was to just restart from scratch :| which would stink.
Thanks for sharing your work around :)

Back
Top Bottom