Biomes & Nature Changing the way Corruption/crimson/hallow spread

Clockwork Alpha

Skeletron Prime
Mech bosses:
To build up tension as you beat mech bosses, every mech boss you destroy increases the spread rate by 33%. Defeating plantera puts the spread speed all the way down to 33% of it's normal rate from when hardmode starts.

Destroying altars after plantera's death:
Destroying more altars than you need to is always a bad idea. This just enforces it. After you defeat Plantera, every altar you destroy creates 5 blocks of a random choice between the hallow, crimson, and corruption even if your world didnt initially have corruption or crimson in it.

Spread after plantera's death:
After plantera is dead, the jungle becomes COMPLETELY IMMUNE to the spread. Nothing will spread through it.

Spread after an ice golem's death:
After an ice golem dies, the spread in the snow biome is cut in half, making the snow biome slightly more immune. The snow biome however will never be fully immune to it.

Spread after the death of every boss:
After every boss is destroyed, the spread weakens. Pure blocks will start spreading over the crimson/corruption, but the hallow just stops spreading. In addition, certain a new crimson and corruption mob starts spawning as the crimson/corruption dies. I'm bad at naming things, so I'll let you guys recommend a name, but these are the stats:
Spawns uncommonly
HP: 1200
Can't go through walls
Drops vertebrae/rotten chunks and 1-5 gold coins
Attacks like a herpling
100 damage per hit
Influences nearby crimson/corruption monsters
Killing it will turn some nearby blocks into crimstone (or ebonstone in a corruption world)

Reactions: Nim
Cool idea,it would make sense to have a enemy that could help prevent the biome from completely dying. But,I'd say improving the idea a little bit could make it a lot better. I'd see the enemy would look,and have a different name depending on the biome. In the corruption,I'd see them as being Corrupt Hoppers or possibly changing up the corrupt version to act a bit differently as a Violet Drake. In the crimson,I could see them as a Hopping Crawler,or just like the corrupt version changing it completely to be a Crimson Tyrant. If you want me to give a enemy description just ask!

Mech bosses:
To build up tension as you beat mech bosses, every mech boss you destroy increases the spread rate by 33%. Defeating plantera puts the spread speed all the way down to 33% of it's normal rate from when hardmode starts.
-_- Really? No. This is is just going to destroy the worlds of people who can't defeat Plantera. That's a massive troll to less skilled players.
Destroying altars after plantera's death:
Destroying more altars than you need to is always a bad idea. This just enforces it. After you defeat Plantera, every altar you destroy creates 5 blocks of a random choice between the hallow, crimson, and corruption even if your world didnt initially have corruption or crimson in it.
NO. Why on earth would you do this? People use Hardmode ores to craft special blocks for their builds.

Trying to fix something that isn't broken ends up breaking it more often than not. This is definitely one of those cases.
Spread after an ice golem's death:
After an ice golem dies, the spread in the snow biome is cut in half, making the snow biome slightly more immune. The snow biome however will never be fully immune to it.
I don't see why not, but the Frost Golem isn't really worthy of such an effect.
Spread after the death of every boss:
After every boss is destroyed, the spread weakens. Pure blocks will start spreading over the crimson/corruption, but the hallow just stops spreading. In addition, certain a new crimson and corruption mob starts spawning as the crimson/corruption dies. I'm bad at naming things, so I'll let you guys recommend a name, but these are the stats:
Spawns uncommonly
HP: 1200
Can't go through walls
Drops vertebrae/rotten chunks and 1-5 gold coins
Attacks like a herpling
100 damage per hit
Influences nearby crimson/corruption monsters
Killing it will turn some nearby blocks into crimstone (or ebonstone in a corruption world)
"Heck no" again. Corruption and Crimson offer valuable resources for a Hardmode world, and over-complicating the process of sustaining it and causing it to start vanishing is definitely not a good thing to do. Doesn't it occur to you that most people want to keep a portion of Corruption/Crimson on their worlds? This would just cause a lot of grief, and get rid of that good feeling you get if you legitimately wipe out the Corruption and Crimson if you so wish.

Overall, this is just a bunch of ill-though-out ideas that get nothing in particular done and solve no actual problems.

These changes would cause more harm than good. Just remember: don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

Really? No. This is is just going to destroy the worlds of people who can't defeat Plantera. It's horrible.
Yeah should probably remove that part.
I don't see why not, but the Frost Golem isn't really worthy of such an effect.
If we wanna do that you could just make a new boss or something,I'd be hardmode though.
"Heck no" again. Corruption and Crimson offer valuable resources for a Hardmode world, and over-complicating the process of sustaining it and causing it to start vanishing is a terrible idea. Doesn't it occur to you that most people want to keep a portion of Corruption/Crimson on their worlds? This would just cause a lot of grief, and get rid of that good feeling you get if you legitimately wipe out the Corruption and Crimson if you so wish.

Overall, this is just a bunch of ill-though-out ideas that get nothing in particular done and solve no actual problems.

These changes would cause more harm than good. Just remember: don't try to fix something that isn't broken.
Well,it would be better if it wasn't destroying the biome,and maybe causing it to shrink by about 20-80 blocks back;not past how it originally spawned. Like I said before the enemy is fine.
NO. Why on earth would you do this? People use Hardmode ores to craft special blocks for their builds.

Trying to fix something that isn't broken ends up breaking it more often than not. This is definitely one of those cases.
Yeah,I'd be better if it was about every 3 altars maybe.

Back
Top Bottom