Character deleted itself

So I was opening terraria after it updated, and I saw that the character I usually use just deleted itself, despite it being on the cloud. I dont really know what happened but i was about to fight golem and I really don't wanna go through pre hardmode again.

So I was opening terraria after it updated, and I saw that the character I usually use just deleted itself, despite it being on the cloud. I dont really know what happened but i was about to fight golem and I really don't wanna go through pre hardmode again.
I think that your character file might have been corrupted.
You might be able to restore it by using one of the .bak files that are automatically made along the .plr files.

To find them you have to go to "Documents", then to "My Games", after that to "Terraria" and then "players". A .bak file of your character should be there. Remove the .plr file of that character, then remove the .bak from the file name and it should now have restored your character set back by a few minutes.

same thing happened to me and I did this but it didn't work do u have any other advice?? I'm really annoyed bc I lost two worlds and a player in the space of a couple of days and had made loads of progress in them

Back
Top Bottom