**REPORTED** Characters deleted after rename - any suggestions how to get them back?

Tyrone 112

Terrarian
After renaming any amount of characters to a name that contains characters within brackets (eg. ‘Tyrone’ to ‘Tyrone (melee)’), closing the game will delete the characters, unless you use the characters before closing the game. The characters do not necessarily have to have any playtime. I lost over 280 hours worth of characters to this bug as well as many rare/ hard to obtain items. Does anyone have any advice to get the characters back? I am on ps5 if that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report - I’ll get this prioritized in our system right away. Looks to impact name changes as a whole that aren’t followed by a world join (so more than just brackets).

As for potential recourse, we’ll look into this and I’ll be sure to follow up with you. If necessary, I would be happy to provide you with replacement items as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report - I’ll get this prioritized in our system right away. Looks to impact name changes as a whole that aren’t followed by a world join (so more than just brackets).

As for potential recourse, we’ll look into this and I’ll be sure to follow up with you. If necessary, I would be happy to provide you with replacement items as well.
This happened to me too, same situation. Anyway I can get my items back?

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom