Showcase Cheap tower mob farm design

Seymour

Terrarian
We're all familiar with the popular volcano-style mob farm, where the mobs spawn on the sides and walk to the center.

I was thinking of ways to speed these designs up. I noticed that one of the limiting factors was the time between mob spawn and mob death. In the volcano-style designs, mobs have to spend significant time walking across the screen and into the volcano. This can be sped up with hoiks and teleporters, but I wanted a design that was cheap and beginner-friendly.

So, I thought: would it be faster if the mobs spawned above the player, and fell down?

Introducing: an unconventional mob farm design!

Capture 2023-08-17 22_22_57.png

Here is the same design but underground.

Capture 2023-08-17 21_46_23_edited.jpg

Extra details:
  • The pit is 7 blocks wide so that the player can pick up all the drops (even ones in the corner).
  • The length of each "wing" isn't strict. Larger "wings" means more frequent spawns, but also more time for the mobs to walk. Smaller "wings" means less spawns but they die faster.
  • Built and tested in pre-hardmode
  • The mud + jungle grass is to create an artificial jungle and boost spawn rates
  • Made in version 1.4.4.9
  • EDIT: The ceiling is not always necessary. I had to seal up the Cavern one because cave bats flew out to the sides. Also, sometimes slimes glitch out of the box ⚠️

This is my first post! I hope this is a good contribution to the community, and encourages some more unique farm designs! I also took care to be exact in my measurements. I noticed a lot of conflicting information online, and decided to find the exact boundaries myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom