GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello. There is a rather old (from version 1.3+) problem with buttons in some languages. I kept waiting for it to be fixed, but it seems that no one paid attention to it.

Between the buttons and the cells of the chest, a magical space appears, which causes the button to flash quickly. As I said, for some languages this space is so large that it is above the chest cell. Sometimes it happens that you want to take an item, but instead you press a button.

It is difficult to explain, so I have attached a video showing how the buttons behave in different languages. And of course I hope that in the new update (1.4.5 which everyone is waiting for) this inconvenience will be fixed. Thank you.

YouTube link

Last edited:
I couldn't get the video reassembled to work; this site isn't configured for uploading videos, and we generally recommend uploading them to other sites (like YouTube or Vimeo) and then paste the link here to embed it. We do realize that it may not be possible to do that from some locations.

However, I was a able to make this GIF that I believe illustrates what you are seeing:
chest flicker.gif

Is this what you are reporting? (This is from the Steam version, but it should basically be the same as GOG).

edit: I do see how the cursor position that causes this flickering is larger and overlaps the chest contents with other language settings.

Last edited:
That flashing is a classic ui issue occurring when the size of an element gets smaller or moves away from the cursor position upon being hovered, causing it to no longer be hovered, which in turn causes it to go back and be hovered again, and so on

That flashing is a classic ui issue occurring when the size of an element gets smaller or moves away from the cursor position upon being hovered, causing it to no longer be hovered, which in turn causes it to go back and be hovered again, and so on
Yes, and changing the UI zoom level changes the behavior as well - different parts will start/stop flickering

It is concerning though that for some languages (I tested Russian), the activity box for one of the text actions seems to overlap with the right-most chest cells, so I've put in a support ticket for further investigation.

Is this what you are reporting? (This is from the Steam version, but it should basically be the same as GOG).
Yes, this is exactly what I wrote about. I had to investigated YouTube and was able to add a video (link in first post).

It is concerning though that for some languages (I tested Russian), the activity box for one of the text actions seems to overlap with the right-most chest cells, so I've put in a support ticket for further investigation.
Yeah, that's what I meant too. As I noticed, this is especially critical for the "Русский" and "Polski" language.

Back
Top Bottom