Confusing paradoxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydratedMold5

Terrarian
Ok the game gos someone comes up with a paradox and someone solves it then the solver makes another parodox the next person answers and so on lets begin.

You have a ship made of 100 boards over the course of 100 years you change one board a year after a hundred years you take the old wood and make a ship out of it is it the same ship as before?

Pinocchio was telling the truth about lying because he was lying about something else.

If you're a barber and you cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair, who cuts your hair?

Err, another barber.

No one has solved HydratedMold5's paradox though, and I think it's a clever one. :)
Ah-ah-ah! If another barber cuts your hair, you don't cut it. You cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair. So you cut your hair. But you cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair. So you don't cut your hair...

If you're a barber...
Okay, I'm a barber, check.

...and you cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair...

Okay, I cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair, but your sentence also implies that some people cut their own hair, not to mention that everyone could simply be cutting other people's hair.

...who cuts your hair?

Plenty of people left to cut my hair.

I get the feeling your paradox is missing something. :p

Plenty of people left to cut my hair.
If someone else cuts your hair, you don't.
You cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair.
Since you cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair, and "plenty of other people" cut your hair, you don't cut your own hair. Therefore, you should cut your hair, since you cut the hair of everyone who doesn't.
If you do cut your own hair, and you cut the hair of everyone who doesn't, you shouldn't cut your own hair. Why? You cut the hair of everyone who doesn't cut their own hair, and you do cut your hair, so you shouldn't cut your own hair. But if you don't...

See what I'm saying?

By the way, "everybody" includes you.

Suppose, God can make a stone that he cant lift but if god cant lift it there's something he cant do. Where is the paradox.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419955682][/DOUBLEPOST]Suppose, God can make a stone that he cant lift but if god cant lift it there's something he cant do. Where is the paradox?

this sentence is FALSE???
[DOUBLEPOST=1425712067][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok the game gos someone comes up with a paradox and someone solves it then the solver makes another parodox the next person answers and so on lets begin.

You have a ship made of 100 boards over the course of 100 years you change one board a year after a hundred years you take the old wood and make a ship out of it is it the same ship as before?
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
*splat* *you see my brain on you screen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom