Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
Controller type:
Official Xbox 360 wireless (with official Microsoft dongle).

(I'm not exactly sure when the problem started (my memory is bad due to disability, but I really do feel like it's been prevalent since the beginning of the 1.4's.)

When I press A to jump, with a double-jump item (any of the 'in-a-bottle' accessories), about 1/6th of the time, it immediately activates my 2nd jump on takeoff, both when I tap or hold the button.

This is really bothersome when traversing the uneven lands... shooting into a tunnel under a hill instead of landing on its side, falling into water (or worse, ice water) when I should've cleared a lake, etc. Real momentum killer. And it's even downright deadly if I was counting on that reserve jump to save me from fall damage. 😣

I've been bearing with it for quite some time, thinking maybe it was just me (since I also have physical motion/strength disabilities)... but I've since tested my controller inputs, even after prolonged use (thus accounting for fatigue), & it turns out I can press & hold all the buttons (& sticks) without any stutter (I have to actually try really hard to FORCE a stutter, & even then that's delayed noticeably).

I'm not sure if it's related to any other controller issues (like my other report about the delay when holding a direction in a storage menu, or the Shield of Cthulhu randomly dashing unintentionally thus being totally unusable with a controller, etc), but I figured I'll put this in its own thread.

I really hope this can be fixed before (or on) 1.4.5... It's been yet another blow against playing this game with a vital accessibility tool (& thus, getting to play it at all). 😞

Back
Top Bottom