Could not find external OBB data.

Michel McDonald

Terrarian
I'm having trouble and I don't know where else to look. I've Googled my many issues with my new phone, it's a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought from Nomorerack (they changed their name to Choxi). Since I found that so many others have had the same issues, I can only assume that it is not an issue with the phone itself. I installed Terraria and it tells me that it could not find external OBB data. Please reinstall/relaunch the game. I checked the Android/obb folders and the file in OBB is there. It's main.128.com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.obb. I checked the details and it says the size is 52.2MB (54,753,538 bytes). I checked the Android/data folders and there isn't anything in there for Terraria.

I am having the same problem with Minecraft PE, except there aren't any files, even in the obb folder. There is a folder for Minecraft, but the folder is empty. There must be a reason it's installing apps, but not installing files. I tried copying the Terraria files from my Nook HD+ by zipping the files and moving them through OneDrive and it wouldn't unzip anything. It's like it doesn't want any files. Is there a setting I don't know about in the Samsung phone that will fix that?
Screenshot_2015-05-02-19-33-57.png

Well, I found the solution last night. I have File Manager by Cheetah Mobile. In there you go to settings and check these 2 settings.
Screenshot_2015-05-04-23-27-29.png

What I did was I zipped the files on my Nook with this file manager app and then unzipped it where it is supposed to be on the phone, but it said all the files were 0kb, so I unzipped it in my SD card and then copied the files from there and they pasted with the correct file sizes and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom