Cthulhu is getting stronger day-by-day

Oilura

Terrarian
In the beginning, Cthulhu was one of the many things that break your mind. There are much more powerful beings, such as Yog-Sothoth, Nyarlathotep, and Azathoth.

Yog-Sothoth is the force that helps the star of whatever book he is in. He may accidentally screw up, but he will always try to make the protagonist succeed.
Nyarlathotep is the force that hates the star of whatever book he is in. He/she hates the protagonist and want to see him screw up. He always succeed due to help from...
Azathoth, the author force, who directs every single piece of plot in every single part of every single Lovecraft book. He exist on two planes: as H.P. Lovecraft in this plane, and as some sleeping thing in his books. He is cynical in this world, which reflects in the protagonist's demise in his books.

Note that Nyarukohotep is subservient to Howazathoth Lovecraft (or whatever they are called), which reflects in Nyarlathotep-san's victory in every book.

Now that Azathoth has finished being in a coma and has officially passed from this world, every single one of his creations has been mostly forgotten. Everyone, including Robert Carter, Wilbur Whateley, Abdul Alhazred, Dagon and Asenath. Everyone, except Cthulhu.

In fact, he is so strong that he is not only able to outlive his creator, but he managed to have (albeit weak) eyes in Terraria!

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-Z2xb.gif

I don't get Cthulhu lore. I don't even get this topic/thread/discussion.

Elaboration would be cool?

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-Z2xb.gif

I don't get Cthulhu lore. I don't even get this topic/thread/discussion.

Elaboration would be cool?
It is a metaphor for how people forget that Cthulhu/mankind isn't the only being in the Yog-Sothoth Mythos.

There are quite a few other stuff, like the Elder Things (nice starfish guys).

The fact the only being from those books that made it to popular media is the weak "welcome mat" of the "team" talks about how charming and perdurable the books and their characters are.

Not surprising though, a lot of readers will not take Mary Sues nicely, and those books are about a bunch of Mary Sues :red:ing up stuff "because yes."

Back
Top Bottom