NPCs & Enemies Dangerous Sea!

Terraslombing

Terrarian
I'd like to introduce three new creatures: the Man o' War, the Box Jellyfish, and the Lionfish.

The Man o' War drops tentacles, but there's only a 1 in 100 chance of obtaining one, and touching it inflicts the paralyzation debuff.

Encountering a Box Jellyfish is exceedingly rare, with just a 1 in a 10^5 chance, and touching it results in instant death, as even one second of contact halves your health, regardless of how much you have. (This creature is more commonly found in hardcore mode.)

As for the Lionfish, it deals a quarter of your health in damage and inflicts the position debuff. However, it guarantees a Lionfish Thorn drop, which is essential for crafting a weapon with the Man o' War tentacle. This weapon is called the Seaspear, dealing 197 damage and boasting high knockback.
(The box jellyfish drops jellyfish jelly which can heal paralysis this is how it is different from regular jellyfish.)

Last edited:
I'd like to introduce three new creatures: the Man o' War, the Box Jellyfish, and the Lionfish.

The Man o' War drops tentacles, but there's only a 1 in 100 chance of obtaining one, and touching it inflicts the paralyzation debuff.

Encountering a Box Jellyfish is exceedingly rare, with just a 1 in a 1000^10 chance, and touching it results in instant death, as even one second of contact halves your health, regardless of how much you have. (This creature is more commonly found in hardcore mode.)

As for the Lionfish, it deals a quarter of your health in damage and inflicts the position debuff. However, it guarantees a Lionfish Thorn drop, which is essential for crafting a weapon with the Man o' War tentacle. This weapon is called the Seaspear, dealing 197 damage and boasting high knockback, capable of pushing back bosses.
(The box jellyfish drops jellyfish jelly which can heal paralysis this is how it is different from regular jellyfish.)
A one in 10¹² chance is very, very, very, very low. Very. To put this into perspective the chances are even lower than your chances of getting a girlfriend.

Encountering a Box Jellyfish is exceedingly rare, with just a 1 in a 1000^10 chance, and touching it results in instant death, as even one second of contact halves your health, regardless of how much you have. (This creature is more commonly found in hardcore mode.)

As for the Lionfish, it deals a quarter of your health in damage and inflicts the position debuff. However, it guarantees a Lionfish Thorn drop, which is essential for crafting a weapon with the Man o' War tentacle. This weapon is called the Seaspear, dealing 197 damage and boasting high knockback, capable of pushing back bosses.
Let me point out a lot of problems here:
Box jellyfish, with that rarity? (about 1/1000000000000000000000000000000
Thats not an exaggeration, btw.
1000^10=1e30, 1 followed by 30 zeros.
Is literally makes me angry how rare that is
It might as well not be in the game
Have you seen this video?
That weapon would easily become the best, most OP weapon in terraria.
Man o war is fine though.

Encountering a Box Jellyfish is exceedingly rare, with just a 1 in a 10^5 chance, and touching it results in instant death, as even one second of contact halves your health, regardless of how much you have. (This creature is more commonly found in hardcore mode.)

As for the Lionfish, it deals a quarter of your health in damage and inflicts the position debuff. However, it guarantees a Lionfish Thorn drop, which is essential for crafting a weapon with the Man o' War tentacle. This weapon is called the Seaspear, dealing 197 damage and boasting high knockback.
While it can be fun to find rare creatures, the fun value disappears rather quickly, and actually increases the level of frustration, if finding them is a functional impossibility. If you want it to be super rare, 1/1000 is as far as I would recommend... this would make it quite rare while keeping it encounter-able.

I do like the idea of more sea-life in the ocean biome... and would even like to see the Ocean biome expanded. The Lionfish could be fun, along with some other more unique oceanic life.

Back
Top Bottom