Working as Designed Diamond Staff cannot be crafted with Gold Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcoon321

Skeletron
Hi! I had been working to create a Diamond Staff today, to see how good they are, and after talking to the Guide, I learned that in my world I cannot craft them, because of something that is likely an oversight. The crafting recipe for the Diamond Staff requires 10 Platinum Bars, and 8 Diamonds, however there is no variation of this for Gold Bars, which means I am unable to craft them in my world, at least not without absolutely insane amounts of luck. If this could be fixed, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading this, and have a great day!

Hi! I had been working to create a Diamond Staff today, to see how good they are, and after talking to the Guide, I learned that in my world I cannot craft them, because of something that is likely an oversight. The crafting recipe for the Diamond Staff requires 10 Platinum Bars, and 8 Diamonds, however there is no variation of this for Gold Bars, which means I am unable to craft them in my world, at least not without absolutely insane amounts of luck. If this could be fixed, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading this, and have a great day!
Shimmer

This is as intended, while yes it would require some luck to get platinum through the extractinator or fishing it is not a bug. There is also the shimmer route but this is also luck based in your context. Ores can only be shimmer downwards so platinum can only be shimmered down to gold, not vice versa. You can however is find platinum chandeliers in abandoned houses and shimmer them to platinum bars.

This is as intended, while yes it would require some luck to get platinum through the extractinator or fishing it is not a bug. There is also the shimmer route but this is also luck based in your context. Ores can only be shimmer downwards so platinum can only be shimmered down to gold, not vice versa. You can however is find platinum chandeliers in abandoned houses and shimmer them to platinum bars.
So is it intentionally designed so that only Platinum can be used to craft staves? If so, why? Seems like a very weird design choice. I thought Platinum and Gold were simply counterparts of one another, and had no differences beside their name.

So is it intentionally designed so that only Platinum can be used to craft staves? If so, why? Seems like a very weird design choice. I thought Platinum and Gold were simply counterparts of one another, and had no differences beside their name.
Platinum has always had stronger weapons than gold, this goes the same for gem staves. While most crafting recipes are generally the same the stats for weapons and armor are not. For gold worlds there is the ruby staff which is less powerful than the diamond staff

Oh, okay. I never knew that. Thank you! It isn't a bug then, like you had mentioned, so is there some way for me to delete this thread? I'm relatively new to the forums.

Oh, okay. I never knew that. Thank you! It isn't a bug then, like you had mentioned, so is there some way for me to delete this thread? I'm relatively new to the forums.
You can report it and the mods will handle it, although we generally don't delete threads here just in case someone comes across it again in the future wondering the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom