PC Different system requirement on Steam and the other website

Marco Tiger

Terrarian
Hello everyone! I want to ask about the system requirement that Terraria has.
I tried it at Mobile version and I really like it and want to try it on PC but I don't have pc/laptip with good spec (Edit=1.6GHz Atom N280 with Intel 945GME 1GB RAM WinXP-Win8.1-Xubuntu16.04).

When I look at Steam the requirement is a bit too high for me. But in other web (more than one :) ) it has low requirement. About 1.6Ghz and 512MB RAM and other requirement that not too high.

Is that requirement is for the old version? Is it still available?
EDIT:
I'm sorry about this and has nothing to do with it (maybe), but does Terraria comparable(not about the gameplay, I'm not sure how to tell it. It's about how heavy Terraria is. Heavier or lighter) with game like CS1.6, The Sims 2,RainbowSix3, GTA:SA (some old game that run on my netbook).

Thank you
Marco

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I want to ask about the system requirement that Terraria has.
I tried it at Mobile version and I really like it and want to try it on PC but I don't have pc/laptip with good spec (Edit=1.6GHz Atom N280 with Intel 945GME 1GB RAM WinXP-Win8.1-Xubuntu16.04).

When I look at Steam the requirement is a bit too high for me. But in other web (more than one :) ) it has low requirement. About 1.6Ghz and 512MB RAM and other requirement that not too high.

Is that requirement is for the old version? Is it still available?
EDIT:
I'm sorry about this and has nothing to do with it (maybe), but does Terraria comparable(not about the gameplay, I'm not sure how to tell it. It's about how heavy Terraria is. Heavier or lighter) with game like CS1.6, The Sims 2,RainbowSix3, GTA:SA (some old game that run on my netbook).

Thank you
Marco

Steam is the most updated requirements, the other ones are not managed my RE-Logic nor any well known third party.

does Terraria comparable(not about the gameplay, I'm not sure how to tell it. It's about how heavy Terraria is. Heavier or lighter) with game like CS1.6, The Sims 2,RainbowSix3, GTA:SA (some old game that run on my netbook).

Thank you
Marco

Terraria is not demanding in GPU terms, it's just 2D and even old cards like ATI Radeon 4000 series should be able to render it no issue. The demanding parts are the CPU and RAM, assuming that you want to play large worlds.

In small worlds, your specs should be just fine, although I wouldn't recommend you to build complex mechanisms such as liquid generator or crab machine

Steam is the most updated requirements
Okay thank you for the info :)

In small worlds, your specs should be just fine, although I wouldn't recommend you to build complex mechanisms such as liquid generator or crab machine

Thanks for your suggestion. I had tried Terraria in small world and it is playable (near to smooth maybe). I'm happy that my netbook still can play game like Terraria. Simple yet complex

Edit: My problem had been solved. Does mod are the one that lock or mark thread as solved? Thanks

Marco

Last edited:
Okay thank you for the info :)

Thanks for your suggestion. I had tried Terraria in small world and it is playable (near to smooth maybe). I'm happy that my netbook still can play game like Terraria. Simple yet complex

Edit: My problem had been solved. Does mod are the one that lock or mark thread as solved? Thanks

Marco
You can ask a mod to lock it by hitting report on your thread and requesting a lock.

Regards,
Marcus

Back
Top Bottom