Does anyone know how to add texture packs on to tmodloader? I cant figure it out

I need help adding texture packs to tmodloader, I dont know if its not possible or if it is, if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Due to tmodloader being in 1.3 still it doesn't have official texture packs support. There is still a way to do it though. It involves replacing the files that the game runs on. Here is how to do it: first make sure the sprites you are replacing are xnbs, if they are pngs use TConvert to make them xnbs. Then go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tModLoader\Content\Images (if you are using steam)
I would recommend making a copy of this folder because there is no way to change it back. Once you have a backup you just paste the xnb files you are replacing into the folder (if the file normally goes in a subfolder [like a UI] make sure to put it there). If you do it correctly it should ask if you want to replace the files, say yes. If it is all done correctly, you should be done! If you are confused feel free to ask questions.

I'm not sure if this is an update or just a difference but depending on what resourcepack you want to use (it was rhebok's visiblecursor for me) you may not need to convert any files. To get Rhebok's VisibleCursor working all I had to do was make a zip named "TexturePack.zip" with the "images" folder as the top level folder inside it. It could be because this is a very small simple pack that uses PNGs to replace the cursor and other sprites do need conversion.

Back
Top Bottom