tModLoader [FIP] The Fallout Imports Project

Зерга

Terrarian
eFBgrk.jpg

The Fallout Imports Project, or FIP for short, is an ambitious mod that aims to bring various aspects of Bethesda's award winning role-playing game Fallout
right into Terraria!

The goal is to seamlessly integrate various mechanics and systems present in Fallout with the goal of diversifying Terraria's gameplay experience, giving
players another dimension through which they can enjoy the game in a standalone experience or coupled with other gameplay expanding mods.

eFBgrk(3).jpg

Avid Terraria and Fallout enjoyer.

This is probably the simplest way of describing myself without delving into unnecessary information, nonetheless there's still more to be said.

I've been eyeing the modding scene for quite some time now and this project in itself is my "attempt" at realizing ideas that
I have been thinking about for years and years at this point. The combination of having a demanding job and being active in my
free time never really allowed me to start delving into this sphere of interest but the the change in lifestyle that occurred once
Covid started has finally allowed me to pursue different hobbies.

As for some general things about me, I work in IT and play sports at a semi-professional level, additionally I read books and play Warhammer 40k.

eFBgrk(2).jpg

Given the size and complexity of the project, coupled with my near total beginner level of knowledge in both spriting and coding in Terraria
I had to create a development process that'll allow me to make things at my pace and expand on previous creations along the way.

I've split the mod development process into four main categories:

1. Theorycrafting
2. Lore Consistency
3. Spriting
4. Coding

Followed by an additional category that occurs before, during or after the development process:
1. Testing

This system allows me to approach every single segment of the mod at a reasonable pace that'll respect both my time and the end quality of the mod.

eFBgrk(1).jpg

Now onto the good stuff!

I'll keep it simple, I aim to add everything.

New and unique weapons, armor, consumables, furniture, blocks, biomes, NPCs, enemies, bosses and events.

Additionally I aim to port and adapt various systems that are present in the Fallout game-verse, most notably radiation,
sneaking, dialogue, etc.

Nuka-Cola Quantum
Cram
RipperShowcase.png
DistressPulserShowcase.png
LockerShowcase.png

eFBgrk(4).jpg

That's it for now.

This project has just started along with my modding journey and I'm confident that it's going to last for quite some time so please
understand if new snippets and content updates are slow.

I'll try my best to fully realize this idea and hopefully hit that post apocalyptic itch that some people might have.

Until next time, cheers and thank you for reading!

A little peek into just a handful of new weapons that'll be coming with the mod!

Note: Sprites are upscaled for your viewing pleasure, game sized one's will come in their dedicated section within the main post after I amass enough assets to warrant that type of action.

FIP - WSP.jpg

Decent sprites, though I wonder what would happen if they had a black outline to them or where shaded a bit better. They clash widely with the current artistic style of Terraria and will be pretty jarring to the eyes. I don't even mind weird graphics, but jarring is jarring.

Regardless, I'm definitely wishing the project all the best! I know it's going to be great. 👍

Back
Top Bottom