Forum style problem

Zalminen

Terrarian
As a new user I noted there may be a small problem with the current forum style.

I joined the forum after reading the threads for a while, even liked a few posts before noticing that I had accidentally liked the wrong posts. Why?

JE645yo.png

The visually strongest separators on the page are the lighter lines (red arrows) so I automatically assumed that they were used to separate the different posts. Thus it seemed that the Like/Quote/Reply buttons belong to the post right below them.

Of course the actual elements used to separate the posts are the darker lines (blue arrows) and thus the correct Like/Quote/Reply buttons are below each post.

I've also noted I'm not the only one who has run into this problem, see here for a recent example http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-mac-linux-open-beta.27418/page-6#post-640762
ChloeWolfieGirl was trying to reply to Charmander XVI but thanks to the above problem clicked the wrong reply button and ended up quoting Redball instead.

This is not a huge problem since now that I'm aware of it I can ignore the visual cues and just click the buttons below the post but compared to other forums it's a bit confusing.

In all candor, the odds of pulling an artist off in the near future to do a theme revamp are slim.

I know it has tripped some people up - not lessening that - just speaking pragmatically.

If you are in doubt, you can see the poster's name and post number on that same line. It is also something that most people adjust too pretty quickly. ;)

Back
Top Bottom