Found a cause and solution for NPCs both not respawning, and unlocking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistaAnderson

Terrarian
This works for PS3, and might also work for other consoles, even PC.

I found a problem that caused the Guide not to respawn, and the Witch Doctor to not even arrive when the conditions were met. This may affect other NPCs similarly too.

I'm posting this here because it seems like a bug. Please patch this, it may cause players to think their world is permanently broken if they do not have housing at spawn.

This issue can be fixed ingame by defeating the Goblin Army, or whichever event or gamestate is responsible.

I just recently had no way of getting my Guide to respawn.

After failing to destroy Wall of Flesh, I realized that the Guide did not respawn no matter what I did. I restarted my entire PS3, I waited plenty of day/night cycles, I built tons of new housings, I tried destroying voodoo dolls both manually and via lava, and then an idea struck me. What if he appears back at spawn and doesn't go into a house?

Sadly, this was not the case. However, I did recall that I had been ignoring a Goblin Invasion. With a faint hope that it might work, I decided to defeat the Goblin Army, and did so under daylight.

Minutes later, the Guide respawned. Followed by a new NPC that I didn't have, the Witch Doctor.

TL;DR:

Solution

Make sure that Goblin Invasions (And possibly other events) are all finished and that the game is in a "normal state". This fixed it for me.

I see.. I must've looked at the wrong articles, pardon. I even quick-googled it before I made the thread to make sure, but I guess I should have dug deeper.

Any mod please feel free to delete the thread.

I see.. I must've looked at the wrong articles, pardon. I even quick-googled it before I made the thread to make sure, but I guess I should have dug deeper.

Any mod please feel free to delete the thread.
Mods don't delete threads :(
But, you can report this thread and say you want it locked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom