Question getting a signal on a specific time of day, need help (found a solution)

Loreweaver

Terrarian
Hi,

trying to get back into map making after a long break. I've never been really good at understanding those behemoths of wiring I see all over the place so forgive me if I don't catch on immediately.

I want to make a map around a central idea and for that I need a signal at a specific time of day, let's say 11 am ingame.

my first thought was to hook up a 5 second timer to a simple wiring connected to a daylight sensor that counted out the minutes from 4:30 to whatever I needed.
where I run into headache is what do I do when the player logs out and back in between daylight sensor and when I need the signal to go off.

I use a simple world load detector I found here in all my journey maps so that should work with turning the timer back on when the player logs off and on between sunrise and the signal.

my problem is I need a hint how to count the minutes in a way it resets when the signal goes off and how I save the progress so that it resumes where the player logged off if he logs off during the counting.

it doesn't need to be 11 am sharp, I'm guessing with the way the game works I would loose a turn of a 5 second timer when logging back in during counting.

anyway, hope someone can give me a hint, I ll tinker away in the meantime ^^

so I think I figured it out.
timer-test.jpg
timer-test-wires.jpg

so I am sure you could make it more compact, I just wanted to make it work first. the top right yellow wire is from the world load detector.

This one sends a signal at 12:00 noon, I tried relogging a couple of times when it's counting and it seems to delay it by a couple of seconds but that's fine.

so if I run into any problems I will post it here but if not, I am not sure, should I delete this post or leave it up for reference?

take care

p.s.: on the screenshots it's currently going, the way it starts out before 4:30 in the morning is the signal lamp bottom row closest to the timer is on and of course the day sensor is off

Heyo, if you want a more compact solution I'd reccomend a binary counter. With a binary counter you can get something much more compact and quickly and easily resettable.

This guy does a nice guide on how to set one up.

Back
Top Bottom