Mobile Grapple Hook controls for mobile

GreyTheImp

Terrarian
Hello! I posted this in the general discussion by accident finding this was where to suggest. [My 7th time on forums]. But I'm learning the ropes!

Grappling in terraria mobile, can be rather hard... Especially whilst in the midst of a battle! However, I've thought up a way to make it much easier.

On mobile, more often then not a slight touch to that small joystick control, and the grapple is going the whole wrong direction. Be it up, down. Or even backwards.

My idea would be to instead of being a single touch of the button and its launched, to be more so. Hold and release. But not only this! Adding in a cute little cursor just to show the direction you're aiming in, sort of like the smart cursor, but instead like a little arrow. That'll disappear once you release the botton. This will allow grappling to be wayyyyy more viable for us mobile users, allowing us to use grapple hooks with more confidence. Much love <3.

One thing they can add is 'flick' controls where if you flick the joystick (move it to a direction and lift up immediately) it grapples. I think I've seen some other games do this and they feel very smooth in movement. I hope they make mobile controls better, or make it keyboard/moyse and controller compatible.

So I can't use the hook just like swipe the screen and it hook to the way that I want?
So, I can't use it again without the joystick?

Back
Top Bottom