Guess what 1.4.5 whips would do (or post what you want them to do)

MegaByte

Skeletron
I thought it would be fun to come up with whip stats and effects for upcoming whips from 1.4.5 spoilers, if you guess everything correctly you win a whole 2 goblin tinkerer reforges for free

Screenshot 2024-02-10 134440.png
A Cobweb Whip(I think?)
18 damage
7-8 summon tag damage

Screenshot 2024-02-10 134426.png
Crimson Whip
24 damage
0 summon tag damage

For 4 seconds minion attacks will Inflict the stacking debuff of blood butcherer, useful for crowd control.
It has less multitarget penalty.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 134433.png
Corruption Whip
15 damage
0 summon tag damage
Similar to firecracker but it only boosts minion damage of the next hit by 50% by creating a dark blue effect instead of an explosion, to make up for it dark blue effect is a lingering AoE effect, stays in the attacked area for X seconds (same as firecracker explosion but it lasts longer)

3 or more lingering effects can't exist at the same time, if your minion spawn a new one, one of the old ones will disappear.
Synergizes well with Abigail's flower(and mushroom boy?), similar to firecracker this might be useful until endgame if you can deal with even lower range.

(corruption gets the somewhat better option here but I think it's fine, because crimson has so many better stuff at the moment)

Screenshot 2024-02-10 134925.png
Duke Fishron Whip (?)
X damage
25-40 summon tag damage
For 4 seconds minions spawn homing bubbles on each hit, bubble's damage is X% of the minion's damage.

If the bubble's damage is a flat number instead of X% it would be same as having more tag damage, which might make blade staff OP (blade staff is also the reason why I can't guess a solid number for tag damage).
Useful to pair with Terraprisma and other similar summons (like xeno, stardust cell)

Screenshot 2024-02-10 133815.png
Stardust Whip
X damage
has a massive whip range
minions will get a 23% crit chance for 4 seconds and the next minion hit would do 1.5x damage

Synergizes well with stardust dragon since it has a lot of range and doesn't benefit much from tag damage, this whip is a little OP but I think summoner is a little underpowered in this tier specially compared to mage and melee stuff in pre-moon lord

Screenshot 2024-02-10 134107.png
Squid Lord whip
400-600 damage
you get 6-8 more minion slots for 4 seconds and it will automatically summon minions to fill these slots based on minions you already have summoned.

If player doesn't have any minions summoned to copy from it will summon mini True Eyes of Chutulhu instead, they are OP.
This is also OP but still I'm pretty sure it doesn't surpass endgame melee class and mage class.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-10 134426.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-10 134426.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-02-10 134925.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-10 134925.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I thought it would be fun to come up with whip stats and effects for upcoming whips from 1.4.5 spoilers, if you guess everything correctly you win a whole 2 goblin tinkerer reforges for free

View attachment 458070 A Cobweb Whip(I think?)
18 damage
7-8 summon tag damage

AYO, 8-7 tag damage is almost the same as the durendal, I think this one will be for ealy game so my guess is 2-3 tag damage with 11 base damage? Perphaps could apply slowness to enemies too.

View attachment 458069 Crimson Whip
24 damage
0 summon tag damage

For 4 seconds minion attacks will Inflict the stacking debuff of blood butcherer, useful for crowd control.
It has less multitarget penalty.

This one is a nice guess.

View attachment 458059 Corruption Whip
15 damage
0 summon tag damage
Similar to firecracker but it only boosts minion damage of the next hit by 50% by creating a dark blue effect instead of an explosion, to make up for it dark blue effect is a lingering AoE effect, stays in the attacked area for X seconds (same as firecracker explosion but it lasts longer)

3 or more lingering effects can't exist at the same time, if your minion spawn a new one, one of the old ones will disappear.
Synergizes well with Abigail's flower(and mushroom boy?), similar to firecracker this might be useful until endgame if you can deal with even lower range.

(corruption gets the somewhat better option here but I think it's fine, because crimson has so many better stuff at the moment)

Err... I think it is fine, though 1.5x damage i maybe to much, (1.4x-1.35x?).

View attachment 458060 Duke Fishron Whip (?)
X damage
25-40 summon tag damage
For 4 seconds summons spawn homing bubbles on each hit, bubble's damage is X% of the minion's damage.

If the bubble's damage is a flat number instead of X% it would be same as having more tag damage, which might make blade staff OP (blade staff is also the reason why I can't guess a solid number for tag damage).
Useful to pair with Terraprisma and other similar summons (like xeno, stardust cell)

25-40 tag damage pre-mech would be OP asf, 10-12 would be fine for a duke fishron whip. Also the bubbles should do their own damage, not a X% of the minion. (And how many bubbles would it spawn?).

View attachment 458071 Stardust Whip
X damage
has a massive whip range
minions will get a 23% crit chance for 4 seconds and the next minion hit would do 1.5x damage

Synergizes well with stardust dragon since it has a lot of range and doesn't benefit much from tag damage, this whip is a little OP but I think summoner is a little underpowered in this tier specially compared to mage and melee stuff in pre-moon lord

Kaleidoscope gives a 10% crit chance and it is already good, 23% would be too much.

View attachment 458062 Squid Lord whip
400-600 damage
you get 6-8 more minion slots for 4 seconds and it will automatically summon minions to fill these slots based on minions you already have summoned.

If player doesn't have any minions summoned to copy from it will summon mini True Eyes of Chutulhu instead, they are OP.
This is also OP but still I'm pretty sure it doesn't surpass endgame melee class and mage class.

Bro, 400 - 600 damage is massive, maybe 200-225 is fine. It giving minion slots would be op but it spawning 1 True EoC minion sounds interesting.

Bro, 400 - 600 damage is massive, maybe 200-225 is fine. It giving minion slots would be op but it spawning 1 True EoC minion sounds interesting.
its post moonlord its fine as you have finished the game and at that point no singular enemy or weapon matters

AYO, 8-7 tag damage is almost the same as the durendal, I think this one will be for ealy game so my guess is 2-3 tag damage with 11 base damage? Perphaps could apply slowness to enemies too.
I guess that is too much, I was trying to keep it in the same level as snapthorn (because it has whip speed buff and poison) but snapthorn is more difficult to obtain
Err... I think it is fine, though 1.5x damage i maybe to much, (1.4x-1.35x?).
Also yeah probably, I wasn't sure if this was balanced that's why I kept it's duration as X
25-40 tag damage pre-mech would be OP asf, 10-12 would be fine for a duke fishron whip. Also the bubbles should do their own damage, not a X% of the minion. (And how many bubbles would it spawn?).
Duke is meant to be fought post-golem so I wouldn't mind the whip being OP pre-mech, other duke drops like Tsunami are OP on pre-mech aswell

It could spawn one bubble per hit or could spawn multiple bubbles and divide the damage between them.

but bubbles spawn on hits so if they do their own damage it would be same as having more tag damage unless bubbles don't get individual iframes (nevermind bubble don't pirece so I think iframes aren't a problem), which would make blade staff OP but since blade's damage is low X%+ wouldn't do much damage that's why I didn't add their own damage.
Kaleidoscope gives a 10% crit chance and it is already good, 23% would be too much.
It doesn't have Kaleidoscope's 20 tag damage tho but yeah Maybe 23% would be OP but whip-summoner is underpowered against big moon man imo so I wouldn't reduce it too much.
You're right,

I always through kaleidoscope has like 300 damage but that's only because I was using summoner armor and accessories that increase summon damage,( it actually just does 180 damage) that's why I added 400-600 damage to make it better than kaleidoscope.

Although I'd say 225 is still not enough for a post-moon lord whip maybe 270-300?

But I don't think summon slots are OP, pretty sure current two strongest weapons in the game last prism and zenith will still outperform this in both single target and crowd control
1 True EoC minion sounds interesting.
I was thinking multiple true EoCs but 1 strong true EoC sounds cooler

Last edited:
Duke is meant to be fought post-golem so I wouldn't mind the whip being OP pre-mech, other duke drops like Tsunami are OP on pre-mech aswell

a ... I forgor 💀 In that case 18-20 would be fine.

It doesn't have Kaleidoscope's 20 tag damage tho but yeah Maybe 23% would be OP but whip-summoner is underpowered against big moon man imo so I wouldn't reduce it too much.

Didn´t notice it does not have tag damage, though maybe 18% is enough.

You're right,

I always through kaleidoscope has like 300 damage but that's only because I was using summoner armor and accessories that increase summon damage,( it actually just does 180 damage) that's why I added 400-600 damage to make it better than kaleidoscope.

Although I'd say 225 is still not enough for a post-moon lord whip maybe 270-300?

285 ?

But I don't think summon slots are OP, pretty sure current two strongest weapons in the game last prism and zenith will still outperform this in both single target and crowd control

Maybe, but rather than 6-8 keep it in a constant 6.

its post moonlord its fine as you have finished the game and at that point no singular enemy or weapon matters

It begin post-moonlord would not justify it begin OP. If thats the case then why not give the player smething like... idk, 2x hp for the player post-moonlord?

Didn´t notice it does not have tag damage, though maybe 18% is enough.
a ... I forgor 💀In that case 18-20 would be fine.
Yeah maybe if bubbles are going to do a good amount of damage

What I was trying to do with Duke whip and Stardust one is splitting kaleidoscope's 2 benefits and amplify them, because crit chance is good for stardust dragon and tag damage is good for other options like Terraprisma
Good enough I guess
Maybe, but rather than 6-8 keep it in a constant 6.
I didn't mean as a random amount between 6-8, I meant it as constant 6,7 or 8

For the duke whip, it would probably make more sense for bubbles to spawn on the trail of the whip, because if a melee minion is attacking and just spawns a bubble, wouldn’t the bubble just spawn on the enemy and pop immediately? It wouldn’t look that cool like that.

For the duke whip, it would probably make more sense for bubbles to spawn on the trail of the whip, because if a melee minion is attacking and just spawns a bubble, wouldn’t the bubble just spawn on the enemy and pop immediately? It wouldn’t look that cool like that.
Yeah bubbles would pop immediately I didn't think about that, I was just trying to give it great synergy with Terraprisma, Xeno and Stardust cell

I think if bubble still spawn when minion hits for X% of minion's damage but it spawns on the trail of the whip would do both

Edit :- Now that I think about it this is not that much different from giving minions a crit chance, so maybe bubble should just spawn from the whip trail for a constant amount of DPS similar to offensive specter armor set bonus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom