Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
(Actual Version 1.4.4.9 but It wasn't an option)

Prehardmode:
I was mining out all of the hell level and wanted to return to my teleport spot. Instead, the conch kept me still (I was jumping at the time) and I tried to double jump. Then I noticed I could consecutively jump. When I tried this in the surface layer, I could jump infinitely.

Working Theory: I mined out the object the conch sees as its "hell" point, so it no longer teleports. The mechanic is to keep me still and teleport, but since there isn't a point to teleport, it just kept me still. This allowed me to jump infinitely.

Last edited:
The jumping might be a bug with air time resetting during teleportation, but the "hell point" theory is unfortunately not correct. The game simply makes a thousand attempts to find a valid teleportation spot randomly in a certain area.

(Actual Version 1.4.4.9 but It wasn't an option)

Prehardmode:
I was mining out all of the hell level and wanted to return to my teleport spot. Instead, the conch kept me still (I was jumping at the time) and I tried to double jump. Then I noticed I could consecutively jump. When I tried this in the surface layer, I could jump infinitely.

Working Theory: I mined out the object the conch sees as its "hell" point, so it no longer teleports. The mechanic is to keep me still and teleport, but since there isn't a point to teleport, it just kept me still. This allowed me to jump infinitely.
If there is not a point to teleport, it is not supposed to work. Take a drunk world, for example, where the only land is on the outer thirds of the map, when you attempt to use a Demon Conch there, it simply doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom