PC Help with modded Terraria.

XxHatch3txX

Official Terrarian
When it comes to modded Terraria I am a complete and utter noob at it. I know of Tmodloader and how I can load mods into Terraria using that. I've looked over the Tmodloader forum thread and for it's rather confusing and doesn't really answer any of the questions I have.

Are you able to play Multiplayer in modded Terraria with Tmodloader? If so is there a stand alone server you have to use to do it? Does everyone that'll be playing have to have Tmodloader installed and have all the mods going to be played also installed? I have a dedicated server that's being hosted by a 3rd party for us because that's the easiest for my friends and I to do since port forwarding never seems to work for those that have the PC power to host a server. I've sent in a ticket asking the server site I'm using now if they host modded Terraria and while I am waiting to here back at the time of writing this, my question is this. Does anyone know of a 3rd party server hosting site that does host modded Terraria servers? I ask just in case the one I am using now doesn't.

Any feedback is appreciated and if there are threads already open with my questions, etc, please leave a link to them.

Thanks~

Last edited:
I don't know about server hosting services, but I can answer a few of your other questions.

Yes, tModLoader works for multiplayer. Me and a friend have been using it for a week or so now and, though some people do run into issues, we have had no problems.

When one installs TML, it will also install tModLoaderServer, which is the standalone server that you would use.

All those connecting to the TML server must have the same mods loaded as the server does. If a player has mods that are not loaded on the server, joining that server will automatically disable those mods and, I think, automatically reenable them when disconnecting from the server.

When it comes to modded Terraria I am a complete and utter noob at it. I know of Tmodloader and how I can load mods into Terraria using that. I've looked over the Tmodloader forum thread and for it's rather confusing and doesn't really answer any of the questions I have.

Are you able to play Multiplayer in modded Terraria with Tmodloader? If so is there a stand alone server you have to use to do it? Does everyone that'll be playing have to have Tmodloader installed and have all the mods going to be played also installed? I have a dedicated server that's being hosted by a 3rd party for us because that's the easiest for my friends and I to do since port forwarding never seems to work for those that have the PC power to host a server. I've sent in a ticket asking the server site I'm using now if they host modded Terraria and while I am waiting to here back at the time of writing this, my question is this. Does anyone know of a 3rd party server hosting site that does host modded Terraria servers? I ask just in case the one I am using now doesn't.

Any feedback is appreciated and if there are threads already open with my questions, etc, please leave a link to them.

Thanks~
All I know is you need to host it through steam and have hamachi installed, then do other stuff and get the people you want to play with into your hamachi "room" and then do some other stuff I don't know about.

Back
Top Bottom