Resolved How am I supposed to get the Frozen Tortoise to spawn?

RandomDuckNerd

Skeletron
I am in the Cavern Layer of the Crimson Ice Biome, with the floor covered in dirt (because I saw some old posts that said they could only spawn on Stone/Dirt) but they are NOT spawning.

Why?

I(because I saw some old posts that said they could only spawn on Stone/Dirt)
This sounds wrong, so I looked it up and the only post I can find stating that was 8 years ago. I highly doubt it's credibility in current day.
Try replacing the dirt and stone with ice, this may fix your issue. In addition to this, a water candle and battle potion will also be very useful.

I think the problem is that the turtles don't spawn on Crimson Ice, which is really cool since the entirety of my ice biome is crimsoned! Thanks re-logic! Really great game design!

Thanks re-logic! Really great game design!
That's nothing.
Many moons ago, the jungle was entirely corruptible. And if that happened, your game ended, as Planteras Bulbs would no Spawn on corrupted dirt (which is what mud reverted to).

In any case, a clentaminator should solve your issue.

On the topic of Corrupt Jungle, it still angers me that hallow CAN'T convert jungle grass, but the evil biomes CAN.
Lore wise it kind of makes sense though.
The how only exists as the world's self defense mechanism to combat the corruption/Crimson. Given that world preservation is the Hallows goal, it wouldn't make sense to corrupt such a vital biome. But at the same time one could then argue why it corrupts grass if not jungle.

Lore wise it kind of makes sense though.
The how only exists as the world's self defense mechanism to combat the corruption/Crimson. Given that world preservation is the Hallows goal, it wouldn't make sense to corrupt such a vital biome. But at the same time one could then argue why it corrupts grass if not jungle.
screw the lore i want to actually be able to do hallow stuff when the hallow part of the hardmode v hits my jungle

a spawning on crimson ice will always success when the game tries to spawn a crimson themed mob so the game won't even check the spawning condition for tortoise (for the same reason usually you wont see any ordinary zombies on surface crimson. they may spawn on any ordinary blocks (like dirt or even glass) as long as the player stay in a snow biome though. also there are snow blocks which never get converted, tortoises should be able to spawn on them. and note that theoretically dirt is more preferable than pure ice or snow, as you may get some pigrons as you are in crimson biome as well.

Back
Top Bottom