Xbox 360 How does the hallow corruption/crimson start to spread

Like ik the crimson starts on the top but what about the hallow how does it spread and how can it contain it oh and also can someone give me a guide of when should I start containing and how’d do I do it

The Hallow is generated via a huge V in the ground, reaching from the bottom of the caverns layer up to I believe the top of the space layer. It generates on one side of the V, with the other side being your world evil (corruption/crimson). This occurs at the beginning of Hardmode.
Containing the spreading biomes should be done early hardmode to get it out of the way. Some would consider the method I use to be impractical, but I like to blow MASSIVE holes in the ground using bunches of bombs (sticky bombs work best!). It’s a simple, less time-consuming method than the others I’ve heard of.

The Hallow is generated via a huge V in the ground, reaching from the bottom of the caverns layer up to I believe the top of the space layer. It generates on one side of the V, with the other side being your world evil (corruption/crimson). This occurs at the beginning of Hardmode.
Containing the spreading biomes should be done early hardmode to get it out of the way. Some would consider the method I use to be impractical, but I like to blow MASSIVE holes in the ground using bunches of bombs (sticky bombs work best!). It’s a simple, less time-consuming method than the others I’ve heard of.
Can you give me a map of the v cause I don’t understand also like do I blow up the holes at the edges of the crimson

This is how the Corruption/Crimson and Hallow form a V when entering the hardmode. In this image Corruption is on the right and Hallow is on the left. Which side each one appears is random, so the Galliw could be either side. They both go all the way down the the underworld.

Spawn is roughly in the middle.

20210307_214920.png

As for containing them; you would be better protecting important areas such as NPC housing, to prevent Corruption/Crimson from infecting them. A 6 wide tunnel straight down each side and a horizontal one underneath works well.

This is how the Corruption/Crimson and Hallow form a V when entering the hardmode. In this image Corruption is on the right and Hallow is on the left. Which side each one appears is random, so the Galliw could be either side. They both go all the way down the the underworld.

Spawn is roughly in the middle.

View attachment 311248

As for containing them; you would be better protecting important areas such as NPC housing, to prevent Corruption/Crimson from infecting them. A 6 wide tunnel straight down each side and a horizontal one underneath works well.
Ok but what else do I protect

The jungle is worth protecting (or at the least checking every now and then) as corruption/crimson permanently damages it. When jungle is infected, mud gets changed to dirt, and cannot be changed back. If left unchecked it can completely destroy the jungle.

Protecting all if it will be difficult (especially if you destroyed altars after beating the WoF) as the jungle tends to be large. I would just keep an eye on it and remove any corruption/crimson as soon as you notice it.

I would also try to protect at least one ocean as that is where to Angler likes to live. Corruption/crimson spreads very fast there and can very quickly infect it all. The trouble with protecting the ocean is the tunnel underneath; you need to be careful of falling sand.

Those are the two most vulnerable places, and worth spending some time checking.

As for the rest of the world - I don't really worry about it any more. I'm just used to having evil/hallow everywhere lol.

Once you've killed a mechanical boss the steampunker will arrive (if you have empty houses waiting) and you can buy the clentaminator of them. That with green solution will let you rapidly clear infection wherever you need to, making it less of an issue.

The jungle is worth protecting (or at the least checking every now and then) as corruption/crimson permanently damages it. When jungle is infected, mud gets changed to dirt, and cannot be changed back. If left unchecked it can completely destroy the jungle.

Protecting all if it will be difficult (especially if you destroyed altars after beating the WoF) as the jungle tends to be large. I would just keep an eye on it and remove any corruption/crimson as soon as you notice it.

I would also try to protect at least one ocean as that is where to Angler likes to live. Corruption/crimson spreads very fast there and can very quickly infect it all. The trouble with protecting the ocean is the tunnel underneath; you need to be careful of falling sand.

Those are the two most vulnerable places, and worth spending some time checking.

As for the rest of the world - I don't really worry about it any more. I'm just used to having evil/hallow everywhere lol.

Once you've killed a mechanical boss the steampunker will arrive (if you have empty houses waiting) and you can buy the clentaminator of them. That with green solution will let you rapidly clear infection wherever you need to, making it less of an issue.
Can u dig holes where you want the evil to expand like if I wanted to expand the crimson out west I would dig a hole west of the crimson until it reaches the hole?

More
Can u dig holes where you want the evil to expand like if I wanted to expand the crimson out west I would dig a hole west of the crimson until it reaches the hole?

If you want to spread it somewhere else you can place down ebonstone or crimstone blocks. If you place enough the biome will change, or if you wait a while is will grow.

Be careful doing it near somewhere important though.

Back
Top Bottom