PC How to get Hotline Fishing Hook faster?!?

Rekcuf

Terrarian
So I've already done more than 70 fishing quests from the Angler NPC and he is not giving me the Hotline Fishing Hook. I looked it up on terraria gamepedia and the chance to get this fishing rod is 1/150 after you already done 25 fishing quests. So do I need to reach 150 quest to get this fishing rod or is there a faster way or a terraria fishing life hacks you know? Please help me! If you know, please tell me!

It just takes persistence and a little luck.

The chance is 1/150 each time you complete a fishing quest; you are not guaranteed to get one in 150 total quests. I think I was closer to 200 before I got one.

The RNG determines the drops, there is no hack or trick to getting it faster unless you use an inventory editor.

(thread moved to In-Game Support)

So I've already done more than 70 fishing quests from the Angler NPC and he is not giving me the Hotline Fishing Hook. I looked it up on terraria gamepedia and the chance to get this fishing rod is 1/150 after you already done 25 fishing quests. So do I need to reach 150 quest to get this fishing rod or is there a faster way or a terraria fishing life hacks you know? Please help me! If you know, please tell me!

No, but the odds on the wiki aren't exactly accurate or well explained. By the math, the first quest you can get it on is #26 if you're in hardmode, and the odds work out to about 1/74. Not great, but better than the stated 1 in 150 chance. The good news is that the more quests you do, the more your odds improve. At quest 50, the odds are 1/50, at 75 it's 1/37, at 100 it's 1/25, at 125 it's 1/20, and at 150 it's 1/15. Unfortunately, once you hit #151, it drops to 1/100 and stays there ad infinitum.

There are tricks to running up the count for achievements, but those don't apply to the per-player count, so they're not going to be of much use. Your best chance (without resorting to inventory/player editors) is just to do more quests until you get it.

It's just about the RNG. There are three options;

Pray to be lucky
Look on the trading section
As Tunnel King said, use an inventory editor

Back
Top Bottom