I assume XNB files are not allowed to upload as texture pack?

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Long title haha...

Anyway, basically what I mean is, considering XNB files would not be placed in the ResourcePacks folder, I am assuming its not allowed to upload these(?)
As for why... I got an idea while building something extremely big, and felt I really needed something better than the mechanical ruler+ruler combo, and a placeable grid is what I landed at.
At first I tried playing around with walls and some tiles but they were a no go. Eventually I landed on the Actuator, which is perfect; easy to place, easy to remove, can place on blocks, and is in front of everything (including the player sadly haha)
Now, if you've played around with texture packs before then you'll know that if you make an image that is bigger than the original, it will not work as a texture pack . Though maybe there is a way that I just don't know of?

Now of course, eventually I would absolutely love to make this into a mod instead so it didn't replace the actuator, but sadly, I have extremely limited coding knowledge, and while I have a ton of fun experimenting with things, they often times don't quite work. Though I will for sure try to when tmodloader is updated. :p
And mods likely allow for doing much cooler things hehe.

Last edited:
Long title haha...

Anyway, basically what I mean is, considering XNB files would not be placed in the ResourcePacks folder, I am assuming its not allowed to upload these(?)
As for why... I got an idea while building something extremely big, and felt I really needed something better than the mechanical ruler+ruler combo, and a placeable grid is what I landed at.
At first I tried playing around with walls and some tiles but they were a no go. Eventually I landed on the Actuator, which is perfect; easy to place, easy to remove, can place on blocks, and is in front of everything (including the player sadly haha)
Now, if you've played around with texture packs before then you'll know that if you make an image that is bigger than the original, it will not work as a texture pack . Though maybe there is a way that I just don't know of?

Now of course, eventually I would absolutely love to make this into a mod instead so it didn't replace the actuator, but sadly, I have extremely limited coding knowledge, and while I have a ton of fun experimenting with things, they often times don't quite work. Though I will for sure try to when tmodloader is updated. :p
And mods likely allow for doing much cooler things hehe.
Ok so you can’t make the sprite bigger than the original sprite, and it ran into some problems when in the pre-1.4 versions of texture packs.

There is no way to make the sizes any bigger, they have to be the same unfortunately. And the new texture pack system seems to only take .png

Back
Top Bottom