PC I cannot connect to Friend

Socks 2

Terrarian
Now i can connect to him but it takes 2 tries, after that i can get into the server but can only stay a few seconds before it kicks me. Im the only one who cant connect to him, everybody else we play with can connect no problem. What gives?????

Are you using a wireless connection or a wired connection? It sounds like the connection might be dropping. visit speedtest.net and screenshot the results if you would.

Also, whoever is host should see the server command box, what does it say when you connect and when your connection drops?

Wired Connection
I either join and the get kicked shortly later, dont join at all, or get to stay it varies on RNG

If you host, are your friends able to join you? Are you using steam or direct IP to connect?If you use the other option are you then able to keep a solid connection? (Keep in mind for direct IP the host will need to forward their ports)

Also if you host using the dedicated server through steam and direct a black box will appear, have the host observe the black box when you connect right up until it disconnects. Let me know all the messages that appear between that time.

Below are the two files you can use for the dedicated server so that the host can observe the black box for any messages that might give us a hint as to why you're disconnecting:

TPXIEgV.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom