I cannot get Terraria to run no matter what I do.

I hope this is the right section for this, I'm getting super desperate.
I can not get Terraria to run properly no matter what I do, I've tried everything
I've tried
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling Steam + Terraria
-Updating Drivers (Which were already updated)
-Downloading XNA and DirectX
-Running as Admin
-Running in compatibility mode (including Windows 7 and 8)
-Running without Steam (Tells me to launch though Steam)
-Running with Steam in Offline mode
I was even desperate enough to buy the game again though GOG, thinking it was just a Steam problem but it still doesn't work

Sometimes it will "launch" and show that its running on Steam, but won't be anywhere on task manager. Sometimes it will be a background process if it does appear. If it does manage to show up on task manager after a few minutes it disappear. When this happens it also stops saying its running on Steam, as if it's been closed or has crashed.

I really don't know what to do, I've never had this problem before.

I'm not really sure how to give my specs but I'm on an HP Laptop running Windows 10 (before this the game had no problem running)

Hm...
Is there any crash logs?
I don't think so, it's almost like a silent crash because the game never even actually pops up if that makes sense? It never shows up on the task bar, at most it shows up under task manager as a background process.

I should probably also mention I've tried verifying the integrity of the files, it always says "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" and this is after a completely fresh install

Attachments

• terraria.PNG
    terraria.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 49
  • steam.PNG
    steam.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 54
Interesting...

I don't think I can help you much here, but the moderator/admins might be able to help you. It might take some days, so be sure to check back once in a while. Don't be discouraged.

Interesting...

I don't think I can help you much here, but the moderator/admins might be able to help you. It might take some days, so be sure to check back once in a while. Don't be discouraged and quit.
It's alright, hopefully someone can help me figure out what the heck is going on. Thanks for your time either way!

Back
Top Bottom