I need help keeping the corruption away.

It hasn’t become a problem yet, but I want to deal with it before it does. I need a way to keep the corruption from spreading any further. No, I don’t need it removed, I just need it stopped. One idea I have is to make a line between the corruption and my base from the surface and underworld using bombs. Basically what I’m saying is, I want to create a straight hellavator between the corruption and my base. Would this work? Please give me details.

That would help. It's more clean if you just dig down. If you make your 'hellevators' 4 tiles wide, then corruption can't cross.
But do keep in mind that corrupted grass can grow thorns, and these thorns will carry corruption to the other side. So make sure no grass is growing within your hellevators.

It hasn’t become a problem yet, but I want to deal with it before it does. I need a way to keep the corruption from spreading any further. No, I don’t need it removed, I just need it stopped. One idea I have is to make a line between the corruption and my base from the surface and underworld using bombs. Basically what I’m saying is, I want to create a straight hellavator between the corruption and my base. Would this work? Please give me details.
That would help. It's more clean if you just dig down. If you make your 'hellevators' 4 tiles wide, then corruption can't cross.
But do keep in mind that corrupted grass can grow thorns, and these thorns will carry corruption to the other side. So make sure no grass is growing within your hellevators.
Thanks a lot! You probably saved me a lot of heart ache and coins!

But once you have getten rid of the corruption with hallow, how do you stop the spread of hallow?

Well, while no one in here explicitly suggested doing that, you can stop the hallow spreading horizontally with hellevators too. Alternately, you can let it spread, because while the monsters are about as strong as the corruption/crimson hard mode ones, Hallow doesn't stop NPCs living within its effects, and doesn't try to destroy your jungle.

Also, you can go hog wild with green solution in the Clentaminator, and convert the hallow back to normal... and the evil of your world, as well... and then after that point, don't break any altars, as those convert a single block each into hallow and your world's evil of design (Crimson/Corruption).

Back
Top Bottom