PC In-Game Cursor is running at 30fps (the game is still 60 fps) on 60hz

MysticAxolotl

Terrarian
i found a mod that makes your in game cursor run at the same hz or fps as your pc instead of the FPS of Terraria (note) im still on 60hz and 60 fps to fix choppiness.
is the in game mouse cursor for some unknown reason 30fps on 60fps?

Clearly its not meant to be like this?

the mod: Steam Workshop::Optimized Cursor

most likely a bug? or not?

Last edited:
The game cursor is, as you can imagine, implemented manually in Terraria which will never be able to even come close to the responsiveness of the native cursor which is implemented in hardware.

The game cursor is, as you can imagine, implemented manually in Terraria which will never be able to even come close to the responsiveness of the native cursor which is implemented in hardware.

could be an issue with 1600 dpi the game cant handle that much dpi on 60hz

Are you sure it's just the game's mouse cursor? Could it possibly be your mouse in general?

Also, you should probably explain some of your PC specs and whether you're using Steam or GOG to play Terraria...
I don't want to be rude, but I can't make sense of the title at all.
As far as I can tell, they're saying to not complain about the ingame mouse cursor being the culprit itself because of (possibly) it being implemented a certain way.

Are you sure it's just the game's mouse cursor? Could it possibly be your mouse in general?

Also, you should probably explain some of your PC specs and whether you're using Steam or GOG to play Terraria...

As far as I can tell, they're saying to not complain about the ingame mouse cursor being the culprit itself because of (possibly) it being implemented a certain way.
thats right

@MysticAxolotl please don't create more than one thread for the same topic.

PC Specifications:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
  • GPU: GTX 1660 Super
  • RAM: 16GB

I don't want to be rude, but I can't make sense of the title at all.

thats right
I've moved all your posts to the existing thread on this topic.

The game cursor runs at 30(fps) on a display with a refresh rate of 60 Hz, as opposed to a direct 60 fps cursor match. This mismatch could be a reason for the cursor feeling floaty or sliding. When using a 120 Hz refresh rate, which subjectively feels like a 60 fps cursor, the cursor seems to run at 60 fps (half the refresh rate). However, the cursor's frame rate appears to be confined within the range of 30 to 60 fps. Unfortunately, playing the game at 120 Hz or higher is not viable as it results in an excessively choppy experience.
The entire game is still 60 fps just so you dont get confused

Back
Top Bottom