• It's OK

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Sassy annoying fairy!

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

DTi56

Terrarian
So. Finally I made an Item thread.
I know some people out there like music like me.
So. Here is a WIP thread of instruments.
index.php

#1. Trumpet
index.php

Sprite by @Frous
It functions like the Harp.
Plays a Trumpet sound, has a Yellow note (instead of purple) and does 40 damage, with peircing attacks, whilst gaining 2 damage for every hit.
(eg. 36, 38, 40, 42)
Crafted with 10 of Any Iron, 4 Gold bars, 5 Cogs, and 10 Souls of SIght.
Tooltip: "Band time!"
#2. Saxophone
QrOlWiq.png

Sprite by @Scironex
48 Damage.
Specially bounces,
then gains speed for each bounce until it hits a wall 7 times.
Has a saxophone sound, teal note, and note has a beam.
3 mana.
Tooltip: "Wyvern killah!"
Is Post-Plantera.
Sold by the Steampunker for 1 Platinum 50 Gold.
#3. Acoustic Guitar:
index.php

The base to the Electric Guitar.
Sold by the Wizard.
Accessory, will make a music note when your weapon hits an enemy.
(Looks awesome on a Weapon Rack)
Sprite by @Frous
#4. Electric Guitar:
index.php

Sprite by @Milt69466
Accessory.
Crafted with: Acoustic Guitar, 10 Souls of Might, 10 Souls of Night, 5 Wood, 5 Black Paint (really, you do need that), 6 Cogs, 10 Ectoplasm, and 2 Iron/Lead Bars.
Tooltip: "Rock On!"
Click on the screen to fire a beam that is as fast as your weapon. WILL pierce enemies.
Creates music when your weapon strikes an enemy.
89 Damage.
Piano-tiles.png

Just happens we are leaving our friend, the Piano out...
You can now right-click a piano to get the Piano Buff.
Click anywhere on the screen to trigger a note which goes in the direction you click.

If you like it, paste this into your signature!
Code:
[url=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/instuments.7983/][img]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/instruments-png.28127/[/img][/url]
And that is my suggestion, people.
-DTi56
i0F8gKe.png

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 427
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,586
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
I totally support this idea. One of the best things about the disaster that is Starbound is the inclusion of tons of instruments, and I feel that Terraria should do the same. If you're up for suggestions, how about a Theremin, that spooky-sounding instrument that's used in a lot of movie OST's?

I totally support this idea. One of the best things about the disaster that is Starbound is the inclusion of tons of instruments, and I feel that Terraria should do the same. If you're up for suggestions, how about a Theremin, that spooky-sounding instrument that's used in a lot of movie OST's?
Never heard of those, but they actually sound cool.

Well, it is a WIP.
What I mean is, the stats don't really show much thought, Like how each instrument should be a little different from the others, if they all just shoot bouncy notes only in different colors, you might as well only use one, with focus on what one does more damage, seeing as they all have the same stats other than damage.

I like the general idea, but as @GIRGHGH pointed out, they're all a bit similar in what they do, and the stats don't show a lot of thought. The trumpet is a bit strong compared to other weapons that can be obtained at that point in the game.
The saxophone is even stronger, and is obtained in the same way. This, together with the fact that all the weapons function pretty much the same, leaves no reason for the player to buy a trumpet, since they can just as well get the saxophone. Both also render the harp useless since they can (arguably) be obtained more easily and do way more damage.

I propose the following:
Copper_Bar.png
/
Tin_Bar.png
+ 10
Soul_of_Fright.png
+ 10
Soul_of_Might.png
+ 25
Cog.png
=
16983-b748b77d86aabc46015d6fce6cd681bc.jpg

This way the trumpet would still be obtained after the steampunker has arrived, but would require two mechs to have been defeated. It would act as an alternative to the harp (not requiring the Wizard, though). Its damage would be lowered to ~40. The projectiles wouldn't bounce off walls, but have a different superpower. When piercing through an enemy, it would gain 2 damage (first time hitting an enemy it would deal 42 damage, second time 44, third 46, etc). This would go up to 54 (so it could hit 8 enemies if used correctly, making it pretty good for crowd control).
As opposed to the Magical Harp's very fast speed, the Trumpet would have somewhere inbetween medium and fast.
I think this would make it a more balanced alternative to the magical harp (and more balanced in general), and give it its own function as well.

The saxophone would still be sold by the Steampunker (1
Platinum_Coin.png
Gold_Coin.png
=
index.php
), but only after Plantera has been defeated. This is because it seems to fit the damage level of Plantera's drops pretty well. Its projectiles would go through walls instead of bouncing off, giving this weapon too its own special function.
Lastly, the electric guitar. Really, I'm not sure if this one would be such a good idea at all. The Axe is already an electric guitar, so (even though their function and damage class would be different) I think we wouldn't need a second one.

Also, not related to the suggestion but rather the layout of the thread, I recommend you put spaces between the descriptions of different weapons.
At first I thought that this:
#2. Saxophone
View attachment 17859
Sprite by @Scironex
Like the instruments, except the notes only come out of the bell end.
Yes, it's also brass.
Has a trumpet sound, blue note, 52 damage.
3 mana.
Tooltip: "Wyvern killah!"
Also sold by the Steampunk.
(Yes the photos have bits of white, made this on mobile)
Acoustic Guitar:
(No Sprite)
The base to the Electric Guitar.
Electric Guitar:
(No Sprite)
57 DMG.
Crafted with: Acoustic Guitar, 10 Souls of Might, 10 Souls of Night, 5 Wood, 5 Paint (really, you do need that[no color defined yet]) and 2 Iron/Lead Bars.
Tooltip: "Rock On!"
Gives off Gold note with Black trail.
All was about the saxophone.

I would like, like in failbound, to play my own music in terraria, by inputting abc files, and I believe this is the way to do it !

Seal%20of%20approval.png

Ms Paint approval image close enough deal with it 420 illuminati no scope trickshot

Didn't Milt finish a sprite recently for you? I remember seeing a guitar on his sprite thread, and I think he tagged you for it.
It's a good suggestion, but one question: Why are all the instruments (introduced and here) all "school band" instruments?
My suggestions for your suggestion: some string instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass. You don't need to add them all though).

Didn't Milt finish a sprite recently for you? I remember seeing a guitar on his sprite thread, and I think he tagged you for it.
It's a good suggestion, but one question: Why are all the instruments (introduced and here) all "school band" instruments?
My suggestions for your suggestion: some string instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass. You don't need to add them all though).
Alright. Got the sprite.

I think the sax deserves its own sounds. The saxophone has a more unique sound as compared to the trumpet.

Here's a song that features a single trumpet and a tenor saxophone: (and a piano plus drums and bass, but you'll be able to pick out the sax and trumpet parts):
Sure, the trumpet player is using a mute, but I can assure you even without the mute a trumpet sounds much more different than a saxophone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom