I've been IP banned from the discord server and the appeals server for 2 years for editing a message

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealm

Terrarian
I remember I never even broke a rule just to break a rule

one day i was chatting in the server and i was curious to see if the automod picked up on edited messages
mind you i just put a cuss word in a message from a few days ago no one would see

spoiler alert: it did

and after i think 6-7 months of dealing with the long appeal process i got ip banned from the appeals server

and i'm not even stretching the truth in the slightest this is exactly what i did and exactly how some mod from a year and a half ago decided to respond

now i'm just asking for someone to help me out here and unban my ip from the terraria discord my username is stealmtm

if you read this thanks but i just wanted to get this bs out there real quick

don't ask me i'm just throwing out what i can remember it was 2 years ago
Either way, I'm not sure anyone here can help you. The discord server is seperate from the forum (different mods, etc.) And if you've been IP banned from the appeal channel as well, I can't think of any new options for you. It's not like someone can just hack in and unban you (well they could, but it would be highly illegal lol)

Either way, I'm not sure anyone here can help you. The discord server is seperate from the forum (different mods, etc.) And if you've been IP banned from the appeal channel as well, I can't think of any new options for you. It's not like someone can just hack in and unban you (well they could, but it would be highly illegal lol)
very least anyone could do is tell a mod over there about it (a sympathizer ofc)

We operate separately from the Discord staff and only deal with matters that happen on these forums. We cannot help you with a ban appeal on Discord.

If it's possible, best thing I can think is to reach out to a Terraria Discord staff member to explain the situation.

We operate separately from the Discord staff and only deal with matters that happen on these forums. We cannot help you with a ban appeal on Discord.

If it's possible, best thing I can think is to reach out to a Terraria Discord staff member to explain the situation.
Another note is that the moderation team for terra cord is unconfident. Not to say that all the moderators there are bad as there are some good ones but I do feel like a few people should have there staff relooked at and more organized as its enforcement is inconsistent. Like I saw someone getting warned for saying "hotdog". Luckily it was reverted but still.

i agree, the problem is i can't reach out to the staff if i'm not in the server

Another note is that the moderation team for terra cord is unconfident. Not to say that all the moderators there are bad as there are some good ones but I do feel like a few people should have there staff relooked at and more organized as its enforcement is inconsistent. Like I saw someone getting warned for saying "hotdog". Luckily it was reverted but still.
tell me about it man

Warning for "hotdog"?
I was once warned for bypassing the URL filter to enter a terraria related link

Hey, tcord mod here.

A search for the username stealmtm yields no results on the appeals server nor the main server, this leads me to assume it's another account.

Please send me the user ID (not username) of the account you were banned on so I can investigate. Given you said the appeal was already denied, it's unlikely the outcome will be different but I don't mind doing a check for you.

Also, we don't ban or punish anyone for casual cursing. Immediate bans for language based issues are only issued for severe slurs. Are you certain you're telling the full story?

Cheers,
Johny

Hey, tcord mod here.

A search for the username stealmtm yields no results on the appeals server nor the main server, this leads me to assume it's another account.

Please send me the user ID (not username) of the account you were banned on so I can investigate. Given you said the appeal was already denied, it's unlikely the outcome will be different but I don't mind doing a check for you.

Also, we don't ban or punish anyone for casual cursing. Immediate bans for language based issues are only issued for severe slurs. Are you certain you're telling the full story?

Cheers,
Johny
Doesn't the server have an auto filter so I don't see how that could be even said?

I think if you trigger the filter too much on purpose by editing messages you get auto banned for profanity.
Like for instance F word gives +1 ban score, B word +3, C word +5 and N word is insta ban.
Any infraction gets removed after 2 weeks so you cannot get banned for entering the F word 15x in 3 years.
If you enter the F word 15 times, B word 5 times or C word 3 times then you get banned for reaching ban threshold.

Hey, tcord mod here.

Cheers,
Johny
...alright it was the n word but first of all i was 12 and a bit messed up and second of all i made sure to edit a message far back in the chat with the intention of just messing with the automod and seeing if it would notice. But i agree it was my bad for using that word i just think 2 years banned from appeals and the server is punishment enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom