Linked Accounts Displayed in Profile

Lanie Rubyss

Empress of Light
You know, we can link our steam accounts to our forum profile, but... we can't actually make the linked account public for people to network with, which is really rough for helping people play with other people. Having a linked steam profile should mean you can easily make friends with others here, and then through that connect through steam and start playing together. Obviously, a linked account shouldn't be public by default, that should be an option totally within the control of the person involved, but it should still be available...

Technically, on the same basis, we need to be able to connect other accounts through platforms used to distribute the game. Playstation Network and XBox both need that connector option so the same could be true with them.

You know though, I did connect my steam, and did notice there is a pretty sweet title for doing so (Steampunker is an awesome NPC), but... it seems I can't switch to it for some reason, not on my list at all and it still claims I don't have the related "trophy". A rather disappointing fact... It does however make me wonder what title I might get for connecting my Playstation Network account too, if that is applied (and if that even works too).

I'll explore the first part later today. Seems reasonable.

There is no system - that I know of - to connect XF to XBL/PSN. I'll investigate.

For the trophies, your steam account needs to be set to fully public until the system runs it's check and gives you the trophies (it cannot violate your privacy settings any more than a random stranger can).

Latest Alerts said:
You have been awarded a trophy: Like a sauna in here....
Thank you for your assistance.

Best of luck looking into the other two. I know I have seen other forums with PSN/XBL External Connectors, but I guess it would be true that this forum software may not have such at this time itself. It isn't exactly common (only steam seems common), although maybe you could at least add fields to our profiles so that we could have it an in-text reference instead of a purely external link. But the Steam Profile Display Option should either be entirely available to the forums, or, in the worst case, really easy to produce artificially.

Well, gamercard displays are possible - but full integration requires API. Sony and MS - unlike Steam - just aren't public with providing this. That leaves fan-made projects (which work until a change occurs and then they break horribly) or "special snowflake" sites where one or both companies directly shares with the site.

That - at the very least - is my understanding of the situation.

Will explore the profiles thing. Glad you got the trophy. :)

You can always put that information in your signature, or on the 'About You' section of your profile (it will be shown to others on the Information tab of your profile).

Though whilst this idea is pretty nice, and would be handy to some degree, I'm not sure something on the lines of this would be nearing something tangible, unfortunately. I understand your concerns, however, this is something a little more covert.

Back
Top Bottom