Mobile Local Multiplayer no longer works

thompsonsr

Terrarian
My family and I have 6 devices(iPhones 12 mini, 13 mini, 2 x 13, 14 plus, and an iPad Pro 3rd Gen) all running Terraria version 1.4.4.9.1 build 994.

From March 4th 2023 till April 7th we have been able to play local multiplayer on Terraria using seed 3.1.1.860577932 in classic mode, large world. Then on the 8th, I could start the world (iPhone 14 plus), but no other device could join. We have tried multiple networks along with devices using the same personal hotspot. We have created and tried sharing other worlds from my and the other devices to no avail. All of this worked previously.

The Apple app store indicates that version 1.4.4.10 is the latest, but I purchased the game after this version was pushed 3 months ago, so I am not sure why we don't have the latest. I did try deleting Terraria and redownloading, but all that accomplished is the loss of the world my family and I had been working on and the loss of my character(classic). The app store downloaded the exact same version 1.4.4.9.1 build 994.

On 4/17 We upgraded our phones from ios 16.3.1 to the latest version 16.4.1 with no change in our ability to join a local multiplayer game.

I am at a loss as to what changed or what we are all doing wrong. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom