Xbox One Lost character....world still exists sort of

Leumas80

Terrarian
My son has spent countless hours in this game.... Tonight he logs in and his character is just gone. He tried to do the transfer from the clound and nothing. He made a new character and both worlds he made are there....sort of....his map is completely hidden from view.....he is pretty upset, what can we do, how do I recover his character? PLEASE HELP

Which console are you on? Your profile says Xbox One, but the way your talking about transfer from cloud make it seem like you are on PS4.

On Xbox it's possible to delete locally stored save data and download it again from Xbox Live the next time the game starts. Please note it's not really a backup feature but a method to synchronise data between multiple consoles, and to protect against hardware failure. The cloud copy of the save data is updated whenever you start or exit a game (if you turn off the console before it's complete it will resume again at next start), so if the game quit with bad save data the cloud will get updated with it.

Exploration map data is stored together with the character (before 1.3 on console it was stored with the world). If you lose the character, that is gone as well and it's not possible to recover it.

Somehow the character data got corrupted. Do you know what happened?
Save data can get corrupted if the game crashes while saving, or if the game/console is shut down while saving.

Which console are you on? Your profile says Xbox One, but the way your talking about transfer from cloud make it seem like you are on PS4.

On Xbox it's possible to delete locally stored save data and download it again from Xbox Live the next time the game starts. Please note it's not really a backup feature but a method to synchronise data between multiple consoles, and to protect against hardware failure. The cloud copy of the save data is updated whenever you start or exit a game (if you turn off the console before it's complete it will resume again at next start), so if the game quit with bad save data the cloud will get updated with it.

Exploration map data is stored together with the character (before 1.3 on console it was stored with the world). If you lose the character, that is gone as well and it's not possible to recover it.

Somehow the character data got corrupted. Do you know what happened?
Save data can get corrupted if the game crashes while saving, or if the game/console is shut down while saving.

Yes my profile is correct, we are on Xbox one. I will have him try your suggestion, thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom