Items Luminite Weapons: Solar and Vortex

Cool weapons to craft with Luminite and Fragments!
These would be for a hypothetical post Moon Lord but pre Zenith invasion or boss fight. That's unlikely to be added in, as are these, so this might as well be a pretty cool sprite post unless I magically learn to mod soon.
I decided to go for the archetypes that I felt were left behind. That means a Spear and a True Broadsword for Solar, and a Launcher and some Throwing Knives(!!!) for Vortex.
160037367918888710.png

The GALACTIC NORTH
It keeps coming back to me...
Damage: 55 (melee)
Use Time: Fast
Knockback: Low
Crafting: 12x
Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bar, 18x
Solar_Fragment.png
Solar Fragment at the
Ancient_Manipulator.png
Ancient Manipulator
A thrown spear, but only somewhat - it travels around halfway across the screen and flies back to the user. What makes this weapon uniquely deadly is that it ignores immunity frames, damaging and knocking back enemies multiple times as it flies. Inflicts Daybreak and On Fire.
imageedit_11_7088491878.png

The GOLDEN ETERNITY
I feel like a golden guard!
Damage: 220 (melee)
Use Time: Pretty Fast
Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bar, 18x
Solar_Fragment.png
Solar Fragment at the
Ancient_Manipulator.png
Ancient Manipulator
The aforementioned True Broadsword, this weapon shamelessly steals design choices from Tobbvald's (Tovlyn's?) Ria suggestion. Each swing fires five projectiles that don't pierce and only reach a tiny bit beyond the blade, damaging heavily and inflicting Daybroken and On Fire. Striking enemies activates and increments the GOLDEN GUARD, each hit increasing damage reduction by 5% to a maximum of 35%. When hit, all stacks of GOLDEN GUARD are lost.
imageedit_17_9396954229.png

The BARYON FAN
Now this is a sick throw.
Damage: 125 (ranged)
Use Time: Very Fast
Crafting: 1x
Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bar and 3x
Vortex_Fragment.png
Vortex Fragment at the
Ancient_Manipulator.png
Ancient Manipulator for 333 of these suckers
Throwing knives? In the endgame? No way. Using these will throw out a tightly packed (~25 degrees) fan of five Baryon Knives, each of which will split into two to three Lepton Rays on hitting an enemy or a block. Hits will inflict Particle Embrittlement (green Betsy's Wrath). I'm sure you can tell by now from all of the spines in these sprites but I am such a big fan of Calamity's Illustrious Knives, you don't even know.
imageedit_19_7362901150.png

The STRATOLAUNCHER
Thirty million dollars in military R&D...
Damage: 280 (ranged)
Use Time: Very Slow
Knockback: Very Strong
Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bar and 18x
Vortex_Fragment.png
Vortex Fragment at the
Ancient_Manipulator.png
Ancient Manipulator
Fires a gravity-affected grenade that behaves pretty much exactly like the Grenade Launcher's. Holding the right mouse button paints targets with a laser, causing the grenade to rocket after them with a buffed crit chance.
imageedit_13_3159624245.png

The NIGHTSTICK
It'll drive you flippin' mad, bro.
Damage: 135 (magic)
Mana Cost: 32
Knockback: Average
Luminite_Bar (1).png
Luminite Bar and 18x
Nebula_Fragment.png
Nebula Fragment at the
Ancient_Manipulator (1).png
Ancient Manipulator
Like a magic missile, summons a swarm of chasers that loosely follow the cursor and drive you flippin' mad explode into spectral flames on contact with an enemy. These flames do 1/2 of the listed damage every second.
imageedit_15_9342065751.png

The WHITE HOLE
This is someone else's black hole.
Damage: 120 (magic)
Mana Cost: 55
Use Time: Slow
Knockback: Average
Luminite_Bar (1).png
Luminite Bar and 18x
Nebula_Fragment.png
Nebula Fragment at the
Ancient Manipulator
Projects a white hole into the fabric of reality that constantly spews small homing projectiles at nearby enemies. At the end of it's life span it explodes in a supernova of magic and heavily damaging tracers.
imageedit_21_3825431354.png

The MINOR PLANETS
Please don't call these actual planets.
Damage: 95 (summon)
Summon Tag Damage: 35
+15% Summon Critical Strike Chance
Use Time: Very Fast
Luminite_Bar (1).png
Luminite Bar and 18x
Stardust_Fragment.png
Stardust Fragment at the
Ancient Manipulator
While holding this whip three Luminite Planets will follow you. Upon attacking an enemy with this whip they will surround themselves in an aura and aggro to that enemy. All enemies within the aura are suspect to the summon tag damage and critical strike chance bonuses of this weapon, and additionally take 1/3 of this weapon's base damage as summon damage every second.
imageedit_27_6082321416.png

The STARLIGHT RELIQUARY
And the box they came in...
Damage: 125 (summon)
Mana Cost: 10
Knockback: Very Low
Luminite_Bar (1).png
Luminite Bar and 18x
Stardust_Fragment.png
Stardust Fragment at the
Ancient Manipulator
Summons a Starlight Reliquary at the player's position. Two of these can be out at once, and when they are within line of sight of each other each will eject a maelstrom of energy bolts that converges on the other. Each one lasts for two minutes.
As you can tell, these are not balanced at all which isn't too much of an issue because they won't be implemented.

Attachments

• imageedit_1_5316386466.png
    imageedit_1_5316386466.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 603
  • imageedit_5_7495693209.png
    imageedit_5_7495693209.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 444
  • imageedit_3_8708703516.png
    imageedit_3_8708703516.png
    1 KB · Views: 150
  • imageedit_7_2758579359.png
    imageedit_7_2758579359.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 349
  • strsentry.PNG
    strsentry.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Ancient_Manipulator (1).png
    501 bytes · Views: 88
  • Nebula_Fragment.png
    Nebula_Fragment.png
    365 bytes · Views: 83
  • Stardust_Fragment.png
    Stardust_Fragment.png
    380 bytes · Views: 80
Last edited:
I like the ideas, but the sprites could use some outlines to make them look more Terraria-like.

Also, how come melee and ranged, the arguably 2 most overpowered classes, get extra weapons while summoner and mage get none?
Yeah, I'll polish the sprites sometime
The other classes are coming later. (hopefully today)

Good idea for sure! With the Meowmere and Starwrath being ingredients for the Zenith it feels like they've been devalued and it'd be a great mod so that there's Post-moon lord weapons with a use other than crafting the Zenith.

Back
Top Bottom