Items Make Chester work as Safe instead of Piggy Bank

Porkey Minch

Terrarian
We already have the money trough, so Chester is kind of redundant. The money trough is arguably much easier to obtain too meaning Chester is almost obsolete.

But if Chester shared its inventory with the safe instead of the piggy bank, that would make it significantly more desirable and Deerclops would be worth fighting at many stages of the game rather than just mid-prehardmode.

Also a (possibly late-game) portable defender's forge would be nice. Maybe a "beetle bag" crafted with forge + beetle husks, or something else with a similar progression? We could even go one step further and combine all the portable inventory items with luminite bars into an item (or pet) like the shellphone/grand design. Just some food for thought. The main thing is that Chester gets changed.

Yeah, the chest pet is kinda irrelevant because of the flying piggy bank, it would definitely be better by having it access the safe instead

We already have the money trough, so Chester is kind of redundant. The money trough is arguably much easier to obtain too meaning Chester is almost obsolete.

But if Chester shared its inventory with the safe instead of the piggy bank, that would make it significantly more desirable and Deerclops would be worth fighting at many stages of the game rather than just mid-prehardmode.

Also a (possibly late-game) portable defender's forge would be nice. Maybe a "beetle bag" crafted with forge + beetle husks, or something else with a similar progression? We could even go one step further and combine all the portable inventory items with luminite bars into an item (or pet) like the shellphone/grand design. Just some food for thought. The main thing is that Chester gets changed.
Completely agree! You might be interested in in my other post here: Game Mechanics - Make Chester a "light pet" for balance reasons

Chester made me never use the money trough ever again, It's just better. But if he used the safe it would make him even more useful so yeah I agree.

I liked using chester until he got in the way of things I wanted to interact with so I switched back to the money trough.

Back
Top Bottom