Linux Missing fonts in main menu

laurorual

Terrarian
hello everyone!
i just installed terraria in my Ubuntu 18.04 machine and everytime i open the game, the main menu is missing, but i know it is there because i can click in the menus, i think the font is missing! how do i fix this?
Bc7dadk.png

I apologize that my knowledge of Linux leaves much to be desired, so I'm afraid my troubleshooting here can only go surface deep while we wait for someone more knowledgeable in linux to come along. I suppose you could try the following:

1. Verify the integrity of the game cache. If that doesn't work move to step 2.

2. Reinstall Terraria, if that doesn't solve the issue move to step 3.

3. If Terraria on Linux uses any dependencies like it does on Windows (XNA and .Net) Reinstall them. If that doesn't help move to step 4.

4. Verify that you have these files in the install directory of Terraria:

3BKBrYw.png

Should be in the following sub folder structure: Terraria\Content\Fonts

If none of this helps, then hopefully we get a Linux expert in here.

I apologize that my knowledge of Linux leaves much to be desired, so I'm afraid my troubleshooting here can only go surface deep while we wait for someone more knowledgeable in linux to come along. I suppose you could try the following:

1. Verify the integrity of the game cache. If that doesn't work move to step 2.

2. Reinstall Terraria, if that doesn't solve the issue move to step 3.

3. If Terraria on Linux uses any dependencies like it does on Windows (XNA and .Net) Reinstall them. If that doesn't help move to step 4.

4. Verify that you have these files in the install directory of Terraria:

3BKBrYw.png

Should be in the following sub folder structure: Terraria\Content\Fonts

If none of this helps, then hopefully we get a Linux expert in here.

1. Already did it
2. Already did it
3. I don't know about any dependencies on Linux that I have to install in order to run Terraria
4. Yes it does
Still no font in the main menu :/

I have found the solution and I'm going to share it in here so anyone with that problem can fix it or the developers can see a way to fix it.
Basically I had Steam installed through Flatpak, and somehow that broke Terraria. When i reinstalled Steam through a .deb file, Terraria was ok again.
So, do not install steam through Flatpak if you want to play Terraria!

Back
Top Bottom