Resolved [Mobile] Are the PC and Mobile world sizes the same now?

SaveTheBunny

Terrarian
I remember pre 1.3 mobile didn't have large worlds and now I have the option to make a large world and it's so freaking big! Took me like 5 minutes to travel just to one edge of the world while bring a ghost and then 3 more minutes for each hell and space! What I want to know if they have the same size as the PC large worlds or if they are smaller.

Bonus question: How long does it take to create a large world on a flagship phone? I'm on a medium range phone and it takes 5 minutes which is very long but the good thing is I don't have lag while playing.

Correct, worlds on the Mobile version are now the same as the PC version. The previous expanded size for the pre 1.3 Mobile version is equivalent to PC's Small World. Any old worlds from 1.2 that were regular sized in that version are now classified as "Tiny Worlds" in 1.3.

It also takes around 5 mins for me to generate a Large World on my phone. It mostly depends on your Phone Hardware overall. Higher end phones will naturally be able to generate worlds faster.

When you defeat the Wall of Flesh, it might take time for the World to convert to Hardmode. It will be best to wait for "The ancient spirits..." message before exiting the world when it happens.

Correct, worlds on the Mobile version are now the same as the PC version. The previous expanded size for the pre 1.3 Mobile version is equivalent to PC's Small World. Any old worlds from 1.2 that were regular sized in that version are now classified as "Tiny Worlds" in 1.3.

It also takes around 5 mins for me to generate a Large World on my phone. It mostly depends on your Phone Hardware overall. Higher end phones will naturally be able to generate worlds faster.

When you defeat the Wall of Flesh, it might take time for the World to convert to Hardmode. It will be best to wait for "The ancient spirits..." message before exiting the world when it happens.

Thanks for the info, I never got to the part where you kill this guy, I was mostly collecting items and gear and reached the part where meteors start to fall and I play blindly without reading guides so i didn't do lots of things :D

I would like if a player with a Snapdragon 835-855/855+ device checks how fast are large worlds created for them :)

Back
Top Bottom