Console Mods for consle terraria

TeeniestNut

Terrarian
I was wondering if it would be possible to add some of the most popular terraria mods like calamity, thorium ect. Could be added to terraria as dlc or some other way I can't think of.

I believe that the part of the terraria community that play on consle should be able to experience some of these mods without buying a pc, especially since a good pc would somewhere between 1k-3k from what I've seen.

That is all, thank you for reading.

It would be impossible as there are many files and some of them rely on the pc version of terraria. The mods for Tmodloader are relied on steam too as there are very few that are on the mod browser section.

Also I don’t think a console or mobile device can handle heavy mods such as Calamity or Thorium as they both have very demanding parts such as the Infernum Mode with bosses so unless someday consoles can handle mods (mobile won’t handle mods ever) such as Calamity it will be impossible.

Here is an example:
Supreme Calamitas has full reworked attacks on Infernum which are heavily dependent on frames and the highest a console (let’s use the xbox as an example) such as an xbox can only go to 120 frames as they are not like PCs which can go up to 300 and more frames and the attacks can crash a pc easily if you don’t have the right specs so a console will NOT survive unless it can somehow take her attacks due to the rework.

So if you wanna play mods you need to get a pc.

And Microsoft won't allow it because they would lose money
Oh they would allow it 100% they aren’t like EA or anything cuz they are buying Activision Blizzard soon so they just see Tmodloader as a side project.

The only flaw is not all mods being able to run on xbox due to them being dependant on PC terraria files.

Maybe add a t mod loader for mobile, to encourage people to make mobs for mobile. although I can see how this would be harder
While tmodloader would be good on mobile it would be very difficult to run mods on mobile as mods are supposed to be played on mainly PC as the mods can hit your frames hard and lag your game. One of my experiences was Infernum Calamitas I had a 3070TI in my PC with the second latest driver (Latest one crashes my games :/) and I was still dropping frames like hell and having massive lag spikes on multiplayer when fighting infernum calamitas.

The only way to run mods on mobile is if relogic can somehow make tmodloader run smoother with lesser frames to be able to run on mobile. And even if they get that down they have to somehow transfer the PC files over to the Mobile Files which are different in some parts as tmodloader relies on pc files to run the game such as dotnet.exe so it will be overall difficult to transfer the files.

Also another problem is if they manage to get those problems down the main problem will be making steam compatible with mobile terraria which will be hard to do. The explanation for this is because of the built in mod browser for tmodloader which is connected to steam hence how clicking on view info takes you to the mod’s steam page and downloading the mods from the mod browser would usually carry to your steam library.

Overall it is most likely impossible to do.

While tmodloader would be good on mobile it would be very difficult to run mods on mobile as mods are supposed to be played on mainly PC as the mods can hit your frames hard and lag your game. One of my experiences was Infernum Calamitas I had a 3070TI in my PC with the second latest driver (Latest one crashes my games :/) and I was still dropping frames like hell and having massive lag spikes on multiplayer when fighting infernum calamitas.

The only way to run mods on mobile is if relogic can somehow make tmodloader run smoother with lesser frames to be able to run on mobile. And even if they get that down they have to somehow transfer the PC files over to the Mobile Files which are different in some parts as tmodloader relies on pc files to run the game such as dotnet.exe so it will be overall difficult to transfer the files.

Also another problem is if they manage to get those problems down the main problem will be making steam compatible with mobile terraria which will be hard to do. The explanation for this is because of the built in mod browser for tmodloader which is connected to steam hence how clicking on view info takes you to the mod’s steam page and downloading the mods from the mod browser would usually carry to your steam library.

Overall it is most likely impossible to do.
My laptop would die if your pc can’t handle it

Back
Top Bottom