tModLoader Movement Extended

6000j

Spazmatism
Movement Extended!

Movement Extended is a mod with the sole aim to make moving around more fun. It is available on the tmodloader Mod Browser. It adds 2 new hotkeys specifically to interact with the added items, which allows for significant control over the timing of the movement.

Items:
Dash Tech: Air Bounce: Crafted with 20 Shroomite Bars at an Autohammer, Air Bounce allows you to suddenly move in any direction, and if you reverse horizontal direction, you will retain some of the momentum you had before! It only works while in the air though, so watch out. It recharges whenever you touch the ground, allowing for rapid movement over flat areas.

Dash Tech: Air Freeze: Crafted with 50 Cobwebs and 15 Obsidian at an Anvil, Air Freeze allows you to suddenly stop moving for 20 frames at any time while in the air. You can't start moving until the time is up, so use it carefully. It recharges after 3 seconds.0

Dash Tech: Fast Fall: Crafted with 20 of any Iron Bar and 15 glass at an Anvil, Fast Fall allows you to rapidly fall while in the air. Watch out for fall damage though. It recharges whenever you touch the ground.

Dash Tech: Tier 1: Crafted with 10 Silk and 5 Cloud at a loom, Tier 1 is a basic dash in the direction you're facing, with no gimmicks.

Dodge Tech: Ground Dodge: Crafted with 2 Soul of Light, 2 Soul of Night, and 10 Chlorophyte Bars at a Mythril Anvil, Ground Dodge makes you invincible for half a second if you're on a ground. But be warned, you're severly slowed for a short time after it ends. This Tech has a 10 second cooldown.

Every bit of feedback is appreciated, suggestions are welcomed, and I hope you enjoy the mod!

Changelog:
0.13: A new Dash Tech, and the first of the Dodge Techs!

Last edited:
I felt like movement in terraria becomes hard to control and finicky later on, so I decided to make items that if not fix that, at least make it more fun. I originally was just going to make air dodges from smash (air bounce is called waveDash in the code), but decided it would be cool to make more than just one item.

It's surprisingly easy to code stuff like this, although one long term project will be adding a slot specifically for them so you can use them without suffering a large penalty in the late game.

This mod is pretty neat. I'd suggest combining those two accessories into one that lets you dash in the direction your mouse is facing.

This mod is pretty neat. I'd suggest combining those two accessories into one that lets you dash in the direction your mouse is facing.
Thats definitely something I'm interested in doing, but I wanted to first have an item that allows you to shoot in one direction, move in a second, and dash in a third, because it just makes movement fluid, while I've always found dragging the mouse is slow. I'll still make it though, its a good idea. Thanks <3

hey this mod makes me so hype! there seems to be some trouble with detecting if ive touched the ground tho, sometimes i get my sandstorm back but not my bounce

Last edited:
hey this mod makes me so hype! there seems to be some trouble with detecting if ive touched the ground tho, sometimes i get my sandstorm back but not my bounce
The bounce currently is given back after 5 frames on the ground, I might change it to 3/4. The reason behind it not being 1 is that that would let Air Freeze refresh Air Bounce, and that could get silly lol.
I'm really happy you're enjoying the mod, I took a short break but I'm going to go back at it, going to take me a while to figure out how to set something up to shoot the player at the mouse, but in the meantime I'm going to work on some more basic stuff.

0.13 has been released, and along with it a new dash tech, and the first Dodge Tech, a set of items that allow you to dodge attacks!

The bounce currently is given back after 5 frames on the ground, I might change it to 3/4. The reason behind it not being 1 is that that would let Air Freeze refresh Air Bounce, and that could get silly lol.
I'm really happy you're enjoying the mod, I took a short break but I'm going to go back at it, going to take me a while to figure out how to set something up to shoot the player at the mouse, but in the meantime I'm going to work on some more basic stuff.

how would that allow the refresh? and wouldnt the opportunity cost of 2 accessory slots be enough of a loss to justify that kind of power thru movement?

how would that allow the refresh? and wouldnt the opportunity cost of 2 accessory slots be enough of a loss to justify that kind of power thru movement?
The way that terraria checks if you're on the ground is by checking if your Y velocity == 0, and air freeze sets it to 0. With the next patch, I'll push out a change that makes air freeze set it to 0.01, so it doesn't do that.

hey, ive been playing v0.13 and the tier one dash goes towards face direction instead of movement direction, also a ui for the timed recharge would be great, triggering both dashes at once no matter what seems weird (tier one and air bounce), with no control over which you use. the cost for air bounce seems way too high, at most it should be gated behind early hardmode, but preferably post EoC EoW. Idk if you are looking for new tech ideas, I would love to see a short range blink (15-25 blocks) with immunity that could maybe go thru blocks.

hey, ive been playing v0.13 and the tier one dash goes towards face direction instead of movement direction, also a ui for the timed recharge would be great, triggering both dashes at once no matter what seems weird (tier one and air bounce), with no control over which you use. the cost for air bounce seems way too high, at most it should be gated behind early hardmode, but preferably post EoC EoW. Idk if you are looking for new tech ideas, I would love to see a short range blink (15-25 blocks) with immunity that could maybe go thru blocks.
Its intentional that tier 1 goes face direction. Thats a quirk of the item.

I'll add a noise whenever a dash is recharged, a ui would be a longer term project.

The reason there's no way to choose which one you use is that otherwise I'd need too many hotkeys. The end goal is to create a slot specifically for them (think wing slot) and only allow 1 in that slot. Funny story: early in development, there was a glitch that meant when you had both air freeze and air bounce equipped, you could spam air bounce and hit 1k plus speed while flying whereever you wanted. That story is why I test the weird combos :)

I'll try the blink out, it's easy to code, my worry is more that teleporting looks weird in terraria and doesn't fit with the rest of the movement.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take it into account.

Its intentional that tier 1 goes face direction. Thats a quirk of the item.

I'll add a noise whenever a dash is recharged, a ui would be a longer term project.

The reason there's no way to choose which one you use is that otherwise I'd need too many hotkeys. The end goal is to create a slot specifically for them (think wing slot) and only allow 1 in that slot. Funny story: early in development, there was a glitch that meant when you had both air freeze and air bounce equipped, you could spam air bounce and hit 1k plus speed while flying whereever you wanted. That story is why I test the weird combos :)

I'll try the blink out, it's easy to code, my worry is more that teleporting looks weird in terraria and doesn't fit with the rest of the movement.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take it into account.
I appreciate the reply! i think that the blink would work relly well later on because rod of discord is already essential in endgame modded play. I would love to see a post moon lord upgraded air bounce with a 2-3 second cooldown because when fighting bosses like moon lord, providence, yharon, supreme calamitas and devourer of gods touching the ground basically takes away half your dodging options and will result in death. if the blink doesnt work out or even if it does, a shadow dash/dodge that gives like 15 immunity frames while bouncing in midair would be another great post moon lord addition, maybe on a 5-6 second cooldown! loving the mod!

P.S. im already using cheat sheets bonus slot feature to use a move tech.

Back
Top Bottom